This traditional Blender Brazilian Shrimp Pie recipe is simple, healthy and most importantly delicious. You won’t believe how easy is to make the dough!
I am getting to the end of my pregnancy and all I want to eat is Brazilian food. I don’t know if it is weird or not, but I’ve been eating lots of rice and my beans in a pressure cooker because they are the most popular food we eat down there and my favorite too. I normally don’t make as much Brazilian food as I wish, since it is not so easy to find all the ingredients here in Canada, but I am trying to cook Brazilian recipes that are easy to make.Also, now it is getting colder and colder so all I am craving is comforting meals. I don’t know about you, but for me pies are a comfort food, don’t you think? In my home country of Brazil, chicken and shrimp pies are very popular and we eat it with a delicious green salad for lunch or dinner. I think these types of pies are very popular because the dough is extremely easy to make. You just have to blend all the ingredients in a blender (affiliate link). How easy is that? And for the filling you can make it with whatever you have in the fridge like red peppers, green onions, broccolis, carrots and so on. You can also change the recipe using tuna and salmon instead of chicken or shrimp!
Now I have to talk about the substitutions I used to make this recipe healthier. The traditional recipe calls for cow milk and as we all know this type of milk is full of fat (not the good one). So, I choose to use almond milk because it is loaded with healthy fats and Omega 3. This shrimp pie also calls for vegetal oil, but again I replaced it for coconut oil. I love the flavor of it and also this is the type of fat that we need for our bodies. I didn’t use whole wheat flour because I didn’t have it at the moment, but I know that this pie will work well if you replace white flour for whole wheat flour.
But of course guys you can use cow milk and vegetal oil in this recipe and it will be delicious anyway. Choose what you think it is the best for you and enjoy this recipe because at the end of the day what really matters is that you are eating homemade food and not something that is processed. I hope you really enjoy this traditional Brazilian shrimp pie recipe and let me know what you think. Thanks a lot.
Brazilian Shrimp Pie
This traditional Brazilian shrimp pie recipe is simple, healthy and most importantly delicious. You won’t believe how easy is to make the dough!
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tomato peeled and seeded, chopped
- 2 cups medium-sized shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup green peas fresh or canned
- 1 cup canned corn
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
For the dough:
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup flour
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
- In a skillet over heat-medium heat place olive oil, onion, garlic and tomato.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes. Then add shrimp and cook for 3 more minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- Add green peas, corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a blender jar add Put the almond milk, coconut oil, eggs, salt and baking powder. Blend everything for about 1 minutes or so and add flour gradually.
- Then blend for 3 minutes.
- Place half of the dough on the greased baking sheet.
- Then place the mixture filling and the rest of the dough on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake in the oven until golden brown. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
If you like this Brazilian Shrimp Pie recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.