This Carrot Leek Soup is made with a classic carrot-leek combination, so easy to simmer up, perfect for a cold and busy day and it tastes AWESOME! Enjoy!
As the days get cooler I just want to have soup every single day. Nothing beats the soulful goodness of warm and flavorful bowl of soup. I guess we all love soup because it is so fast and easy to make and it makes you feel satisfied for a long time.
This time I decided to make this SUPER simple leek carrot soup because first leek and carrot were the only two thing I got in my fridge (that’s true… the end of the week it is always like that) and second I really think leek and carrot make a great combo. The only work you will have in here is to clean the leeks. They are normally pretty sandy, so you have to trim the root-end off the leeks and cut the white section into slices. You will have to place the leek slices in a colander and rinse thoroughly.
I also think what makes your soup even better is the quality of your veggies. Please, choice always sessional veggies because they are much more flavorful and nutritious. I also believe that a good vegetable broth makes all the difference. This one from Pacific Foods is my favourite because it is thick, very tasty and organic.
Thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have an awesome Healthy Fall Recipes and Soup and Stews Pinterest Boards.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups leek, diced and cleaned
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups veggie broth (you may need more or less)
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions for garnishing
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add garlic, onions, leeks and carrots and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring it to a boil, cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Using an immersion hand blender or a counter-top blender puree the veggies.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve topped with fresh green onions
If you like this Carrot Leek Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Soup recipes
This Beet and Sweet Potato Soup tastes totally amazing.
Simple and fresh Zucchini Soup