Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
Foil Baked Salmon Recipe – This is the easiest way to make salmon in foil. It is baked over a bed of asparagus. You infuse your salmon with lemon, onion and dried oregano for a richer flavor. Gluten-free, paleo, and low-carb!
Oh Gosh, do you believe it is already June? I said to my husband yesterday that it feels like this year has just been flying by. I guess every year we feel the same way, right? I hope I can have time to do all the things I am still planning to do this year. I better run…This weekend was very wet here. Saturday and Sunday were raining a lot and for this reason we spent most of the time inside the house. But we used this time to do something very useful and necessary: spring-cleaning. Yes, I know spring is almost at over, but like they say “better late than never”. So, we cleaned all the cabinets, closets, bathrooms… We mopped, vacuumed, washed the BBQ and the patio set and removed all the dust. I have to say that I felt so good after all this cleaning. I always clean the house, but honestly I don’t deep clean my home every single month. I mean it is not necessary since we are very organized and it is only me and my husband at home.
But one of the reasons we were so motivated to do a big cleaning is that my family is coming to visit us this Wednesday (tomorrow) for the first time and they will be here for 3 weeks. I am SO excited. I can’t even express how much. On Thursday we are going to Montreal to visit my in-laws and probably we will stay there for one week. Actually we are going to be at my husband’s family’s cottage and enjoy the lake. I can’t wait. Then, we will be back in Toronto and visit the CN Tower, aquarium, museums, Toronto Island, lots of parks, few farms and of course Niagara. Summer is going to be good!
Talking about good, this recipe today is beyond good. It is D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S and so easy to make. First of all you probably have all the ingredients on hand. Second, we won’t dirty any baking sheet because we will bake the salmon in foil. And third, you don’t even need to make a side dish, because the asparagus is already your side dish.
I love this method since it allows you to bake different flavors into your salmon. You infuse your salmon with lemon, onion and dried oregano for a richer flavor. But, before we go to the recipe, let me give you some tips to make this even more delicious:
- I suggest you bake it for only 20mins. The first time I made this recipe I baked it for 30 minutes and the asparagus were soggy and the salmon was overcooked for my taste.
- When you open the foil packet, please be very careful because the vapor inside of the packet is very hot.
- Maybe when you open the foil packet you will find a little bit of water. Using a spoon just remove it before serving.
I really hope you give this Salmon in a Foil recipe a try and let me know how it goes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, place the two pieces of salmon; pour 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Cut two sheets of foil. It has to be big enough to wrap the salmon and asparagus.
- First place asparagus (about 8 spears) on the sheet of foil.
- Layer fillets over asparagus.
- Then top each with about 2 onion slices and 2 lemon slices.
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold on top and bottom of foil to enclose.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. (if you cook more than this asparagus might be soggy)
- Unwrap and using a large spatula, transfer the foil packets to plates and serve warm.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and tag @primaverakitchen and #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version. Thanks a lot.
If you like Foil Baked Salmon recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.