Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
My first recipe back in Canada is this moist, rich, thick and extremely delicious gluten-free peppermint brownies. These brownies are loaded with peanut butter, cocoa power, maple syrup, eggs and chocolate chips. And the top is just melted dark and delicious chocolate with some crushed candy canes. There you have it. This simple, easy, delicious and beautiful gluten-free peppermint brownies are about to become your favourite for the Holidays!
- 1 16 ounce jar organic peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- For the topping
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, pour peanut butter and mix well with a hand blender or spatula until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and mix well to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease the baking pan with cooking spray, butter or coconut oil.
- Bake for about 20-30 mins or until the brownies are cooked through.
- For the topping:
- While the brownie is baking add chocolate chips in a heat-proof medium bowl and melt the dark chocolate in a microwave.
- Every 20 seconds stir the chocolate and put again in the microwave and continue repeating until the dark chocolate is melted.
- Spread evenly over the cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top.
- Place them in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until the melted dark chocolate is set before cutting into squares.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hash tag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version.
And if you like this Gluten-free Peppermint Brownies recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Christmas Recipes: