This delicious Ground Turkey Pasta Soup has an awesome texture and flavourful. It is gluten free and loaded with ground turkey, celery, carrots and yellow peppers.
Welcome to my soup week! Today I brought to you my second soup of the week, which is actually an update from my favourite soup recipe: Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas. When I made this recipe we ate for the first time I didn’t have ground turkey in my fridge and for this reason I made it with the protein I had on hand.
Today I made a few modifications to the soup. First I didn’t add sweet potato to this version. Of course if you want you can add them, but this time I really want to make the ground turkey as the main ingredient of this soup. And second I changed the vegetable broth I used before. This one is great because it is organic and low in sodium. I also love the thickness of it and I am very satisfied with the nutrition and flavor. I suggest you to cook with a very good quality broth because it does make all the difference in soups, stews and beans.
What I didn’t change was the pasta. I love this pasta because although it is gluten free, it doesn’t get mushy and soggy like so many rice pastas in the market. Of course you should cook according to the package instructions to be al dente. It cooks like a regular pasta. I found the texture to be very good. However, I have to say that it doesn’t taste exactly like wheat, but it is very close. So, I hope you give this delicious and comforting Ground Turkey Pasta Soup a try today. Have fun and enjoy cooking healthy meals today, friend 😉
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add onions, celery, yellow peppers and carrots.
- Cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add broth, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the brown rice pasta, cover and cook according to the package instructions.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley.
If you like this Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.