This Ground Turkey Soup with Veggie Roots is made with carrots, parsnip and extra-lean ground turkey. This warming and nutritious soup is also great to freeze. Enjoy!
While I am writing this post my 5 weeks old baby boy is sleeping so peacefully on my lap. You guys can’t imagine how many times I’ve been trying to write this post… hahahaha. I started this post at least 5 times and I had to stop because my baby needed me. So, for this reason I’ll keep this post very short since it is better to write less and be able to share with you this delicious ground turkey soup than not post at all.
As we all know when you become a mom, especially when your child is very small like mine, you don’t have much time to do extra things. Your time is almost 100% dedicated to your baby because he needs to be fed, be changed or you need to put him to sleep or he needs to be “entertained” and so on. However, when your baby is sleeping we are able to eat, to shower, simply go to the bathroom or cook. I try to do everything as fast as I can. So, nowadays I am choosing recipes that are very easy and VERY quick to be ready and of course soup is on the top of my list. I can’t think about any other recipe easy and fast to make, right? All right, maybe salads are faster to make but soups are easy too.
This ground turkey soup is filling, yummy and is a hearty loaded with root vegetables like carrots and parsnip. This is a big batch of soup because I froze it and then I will have dinner for few days. It freezes very well especially because I didn’t add noodles, rice, beans or quinoa. Those ingredients tend to absorb lots of liquid. It is only ground turkey and vegetables. Sure, if you like these ingredients you can add them when you defreeze and heat up your soup. Hope you enjoy it.
Ground Turkey Soup with Veggie Roots
Ground Turkey Soup with Veggie Roots – This Ground Turkey Soup with Veggie Roots is made with carrots, parsnip and extra-lean ground turkey. This warming and nutritious soup is also great to freeze. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp (13g) olive oil
- 450g ground turkey
- 2 tsps (12g) garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup (148g) red onions, diced
- 1 cup (150g) carrot, diced
- 1 ¼ cup (200g) parsnip, diced
- ¾ cup (102g) celery, diced
- 6 cups (1.5l) chicken broth
- ½ cup (144g) or (125ml) crushed tomato (can)
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Using a wood spoon breaking up the turkey while it cooks. It is about 7 mins.
- When the ground turkey is no longer pink, add red onions, carrot, parsnip and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomato and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 mins.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Garnish with green onions.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
If you like Ground Turkey Soup with Veggie Roots recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Soup Recipes!