Today, I just want to pop in for a minute and share this flavourful recipe with you guys. I love cooking with asparagus because it is so delicious and a good source of fiber. And let’s not forget that it is low in cholesterol.
Roasted asparagus in the oven is my favorite way to cook asparagus, because I think it really develops the flavor so nicely and it doesn’t take a whole lot of preparation. In minutes, you have a quick and delicious side dish on the table. Also, asparagus is in season and it’s fairly cheap right now!
Here’s how to roast asparagus for lunch or dinner today!
- 2 bunches asparagus, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss well with a pastry brush (basting brush).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 12-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
I hope I inspired you to make this easy and quick roasted asparagus today in your own kitchen today.
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. Thanks for stopping by!