These peanut butter and chocolate chips pancakes are made with oatmeal flour & coconut milk. These homemade pancakes are great healthy choice for breakfast.
This recipe rocks. I mean who doesn’t like peanut butter pancakes or chocolate chips pancakes, especially when they are a little lighter that the traditional recipes? I do, especially when it is so easy to make like this one. I bet that you have all the ingredients on hand. I love these peanut butter chocolate chips pancakes because they are packaged with flavor from the organic peanut butter, the dark chocolate chips and coconut milk. Hum… delicious. The chocolate chips melt I always make them on Saturday mornings because I think they are a very good start for the weekend.
In my batter, I didn’t add any sugar for two reasons: 1. The peanut butter and the dark chocolate chips already makes these pancakes taste really flavourful. 2. The maple syrup and fruit topping will naturally sweeten your dish. I will top my pancakes with pure maple syrup and fruits, which have already a natural sweeter. Of course, if you prefer not to cut the sugar, you can add two tablespoons of any sugar. I actually recommend coconut sugar because it has a lower glycemic index than regular table sugar. You also can add two tablespoons of honey, maple syrup or agave. They are healthier than refined sugar since the manufacturing process is more natural.
- ½ cup oatmeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat a large skillet or a pancake pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients together: oatmeal flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg, peanut, coconut milk, and vanilla extract together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix everything together.
- Add the chocolates chips.
- Use a ladle to spoon batter onto skillet.
- Cook for two minutes each side or until bubbles start to appear.
- Serve warm and top with pure Canadian maple syrup and blueberries.
I hope this peanut butter chocolate chips pancakes recipe will inspire you to run to your kitchen to create something delicious and healthy for you and your beloved ones today. As always, thank YOU so much for reading and sharing. Bring joy and healthy pancakes to your plate.
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
For more delicious breakfast recipes you should take a look at this vegan and gluten-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie.
Or you can try this Peach Carrot Smoothie. It is dairy-free, delicious and has only 4 ingredients: banana, peach, coconut water and greek yogurt.
And finally you should try to make this refreshing Spicy Pineapple Peach Smoothie. It is both delicious and nutritious with the spices added.