Merry Christmas Eve!!
I’ve been in Brazil for one month and a half now. During this time we (me and my family) organized and prepared everything for the big dinner tonight. Our Christmas this year will be very different from Canada since Brazilian Christmas is all about tropical weather 😉 My husband and I are having so much fun going to the beaches, enjoying the sunny and very hot days… Well, to be very honest my husband is melting here (he is Canadian), but he is enjoying it and relaxing too 😉
I thought I would bring one more side dish for your Christmas dinner, just in case you have’t yet planned your holiday menu. Few months ago I made a delicious roasted green beans and it was a great success in my home. Since then we’ve often eat this side dish along with rice and some kind of fish. Now, I chose to add garlic panko on the top because it adds a nice crunchy texture to this dish and more flavour. This Roasted Green beans with Garlic Panko is definitely a great side dish for festive meals and parties this holiday season. Make sure your side dish shines this Christmas.
I know this Roasted Green beans with Garlic Panko is so simple, but I promise it is worth it. This easy vegetable side dish adds color to the meal. To make this recipe even healthier I decided to use this gluten free Panko which is the best in the market in my opinion. The roasted green beans are also very crispy and I explained on this tutorial how to make delicious and crispy green beans.
Hope you all have a great Christmas Eve, filled with awesome food and even better company. Happy holidays, and season’s greetings! May 2015 be your best year ever!
Thank YOU for being here.
Roasted Green Beans with Garlic Panko
This Roasted Green Beans with Garlic Panko is a gluten free, low-carb and high fiber vegetable side dish. It is crunchy, crispy and very flavourful!
Roasted Green Beans
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- Salt and ground black pepper
Garlic Panko Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced, depending on how garlicky you like it
- ¾ cup gluten-free panko crumbs
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
For the Roasted Green Beans
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a jellyroll pan in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, place green beans and all the ingredients.
- Mix well everything together.
- Arrange green bean mixture in a single layer on preheated baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
For the Garlic Panko Crumbs
- In a skillet, heat olive over medium heat.
- Add garlic, panko crumbs and walnuts. Sauté until until lightly toasted.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- When it is time to serve you just need to transfer the roasted green beans to a serving dish and top with garlic panko crumbs.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
If you like this Roasted Green beans with Garlic Panko recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Side Dishes
This Roasted Green Beans is definitely an easy and quick side dish that it also guilty free!
This Easy and Quick Roasted Asparagus in the oven is delicious and full of flavour. In minutes, you have a healthy and delicious side dish on the table.
There Baked Sweet Potato with Cashew is so tasty, healthy and high in vitamins A and C.