Sausage Asparagus Quinoa Pasta is a quick-to-make combination of quinoa pasta with Italian sausage, asparagus and Parmesan cheese. It is very filling and satisfying dinner dish.
How are you? Are you excited for spring season? I certainly am! I wish the signs of spring were more evident here in Toronto, but I won’t complain because at least the snow has melted and the temperature is a little bit warmer. Well, I am being very positive right now because the weather is not that warm. Today it is about -3°C (26.6°F) again. However, the weather channel said Wednesday would be warmer.
In real life it is still very cold, but on the calendar it is already SPRING!! Yep!! So, to welcome this festive season I chose to make a dish with asparagus because for me this veggie just screams primavera (spring in Portuguese) so much. It’s a simple dish but very flavorful and of course nutritious too. Asparagus is high in Folic Acid and is a good source of potassium, fiber, vitamins A, B6 and C. Great, quick and easy recipe for lunch or for a healthy dinner too.
I chose this time to make a gluten free dish just because I found a package of fusilli made with rice and quinoa flour, at Costco. When I bought it I didn’t know how the texture would be, since it was the first time I bought quinoa flour fusilli. I’ve never tried or cooked with rice flour pasta, and never cooked pasta made from quinoa flour either but I had a great surprise because the texture is great. To be honest I think it is hard to tell the difference between the regular wheat and the quinoa pasta. You guys should give this type of pasta a try and you will understand what I am saying 😉
- 1 pound hot Italian link sausage
- 2 cups quinoa fusilli
- 1 tsbp olive oil
- 1 cups, asparagus, chopped in three pieces
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsbp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the hot Italian sausage over medium heat until browned. It will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Then transfer the sausages to a plate.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook quinoa fusilli at a boil until tender yet firm, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet you use to cook the sausage over medium heat;
- Add asparagus and sauté stir until they start to soften, 4 minutes or so.
- Add onions and stir until they are gold browned.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add reserved quinoa fusilli and Italian sausage and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If necessary, adjust seasoning and add more olive oil to add more flavor.
- Garnish with Parmesan and chopped parsley.
If you like this Sausage Asparagus Quinoa Pasta recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
More Pasta Recipes!