This Shrimp Fried Rice with Broccoli is very flavourful, easy to make and it is gluten-free meal! You can add any veggie, rice, soy sauce and you are done.
One of my favorite foods on earth is rice. I grew up eating rice almost every day. Rice and beans are a very important part of Brazilian cuisine and we eat this combo for lunch with meat and salad. When I moved to Canada, I noticed that people here don’t eat rice as often as Brazilians do, but they eat fried rice due to the Asian culture influence, which is something that in Brazil is not very popular. To be honest I have never eaten fried rice down there. I know they must have that because there are Asian restaurants down there, but I never had a chance to eat that.
So, now that I live in Canada I often eat fried rice because I totally love it. I always make this recipe when I have rice leftovers. I hate to eat rice the next day. For me rice has to be very fresh to taste good, but in this recipe it doesn’t have to.
This Shrimp Fried Rice with Broccoli is very flavorful, so easy to make and probably you have all the ingredients for this recipe at any given moment! You know why I am saying that? Because there are no rules to this recipe. You can add any veggie you want, add rice, some soy sauce and you are done. That’s why this is a winning recipe in my home. Enjoy!
For more delicious and healthy one pot recipes, visit my One-Pot Recipes Pinterest Board!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup large shrimp
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup florets broccolis
- ⅔ cup yellow pepper, chopped
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ⅓ cup green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and sesame oil. Whisk very well and set aside.
- In askillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook until pink. Then set aside.
- In the same skillet, add garlic and onions and cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add broccolis and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add the yellow pepper, corn, peas and cook until the veggies are tender, about 2-3 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- When the veggies are ready add the rice, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add the shrimp! Enjoy your meal!
If you like this Shrimp Fried Rice with Broccoli recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Taste more form Primavera Kitchen
This Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet is gluten-free and healthy easy dish!
Quick and easy Fusilli with Mushroom and Roasted Butternut Squash. It is done in 20 minutes.
A healthy gluten free Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet meal.