Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe is a delicious one-pan meal that will be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. It is also gluten-free, paleo friendly and perfect for your busy weeknight dinner.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, friends!
I hope you all had a very fun and safe New Years Eve and enjoyed your day yesterday surrounded with lovely friends and family. I would like to take this opportunely to wish you a year full of love, happiness, success and of course lots of healthy food on your table.
Last week we had a great time with my in-laws in Montreal for Christmas and after with my aunt, uncle and cousins in Boston area. We had a really good time there, especially because they hadn’t met our baby Thomas yet. It was so good to see him playing and laughing all day long with his relatives. Thomas is such an easygoing baby. He goes to everybody’s arms easily without crying and he smiles all the time. He’s also such a good traveler. Even travelling a lot to so many countries such as Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Canada and USA in his first year of his life, he didn’t have any problem with the local food, weather and or anything else. He is such a blessing in our lives that I have to say he is the best thing that happened in our lives and in 2016.
I love this time of the year because I always feel full of energy and excitement to follow my dreams. It’s good to feel like you have new challenges, and another chance to set new resolutions for the year. My resolutions for this year related to my health is to reduce the amount of sugar from my diet and make healthier choices when we go out for dinner. We always eat very well home, but eating healthy outside it’s still a struggle for me. So, I hope this year I’ll be better with that.
Talking about eating healthy, why not to start your year making this ultra-easy one skillet Sweet Potato Chicken Kale recipe that is a feel-good comfort food with lots of nutrients and protein?! This is one of those recipes that you can have all in one single dish. Why am I saying that? Well… This dish is made with sweet potato that makes you feel very full. Also, it has lots of protein from the chicken, and on top of that it’s full of vitamin A, C and D from the kale. And last but not least, this Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, low-carb and full of flavor! Believe me this recipe will become a winner in your home!
- ½ cup bacon, chopped
- 2 ½ cups breast chicken, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1-teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili peppers flakes
- On a plastic board, cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, red chili flakes and add it to the skillet.
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Don’t forget to stir well. Set the chicken and bacon aside.
- In the same skillet, add garlic, sweet potato and chicken broth.
- Cook for 7 minutes or until the sweet potato are cooked. It will depend on the size of the sweet potato dices.
- Turn the heat to low and add kale, stirring until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and chili peppers flakes.
- Bring the chicken and bacon back to the skillet and stir well until combined. It will take only 1 minute.
If you like this Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More One Skillet Recipes!