Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet is gluten-free, super filling, which uses only one pot and it is done in less than 30mins. Enjoy!
I am back to share with you today one skillet dinner recipe because I know we all loooove this type of meal, right? I am sure you will agree with me on this one. Quick and easy to prepare; done in less than 30 minutes and less dishes to do. Who doesn’t like that?
This Shrimp Skillet with Sweet Potato and Green Beans is inspired by the Shrimp Sweet Potato Kale Skillet I have on my blog, which is one of my most popular recipes of all time. Actually I was going to cook this popular recipe again however I didn’t have kale in my fridge, but I had lots of green beans that were about to go bad. So, before it happened I used them in this recipe. I also added lots of cheese because my husband always complains that I don’t add enough cheese in my recipes. He is right and I totally understand why he loves cheese on his dishes since cheese is so delicious and flavourful. However, I try not to eat a lot of cheese because all the fat. I guess, once in a while it is not a big deal. If you are trying to avoid dairy and eat less calories you can totally omit the cheese.
This recipe is very filling because of the sweet potato and the fiber of the green beans and it is also low in carbs since there isn’t any pasta or grains in it. It is also a great option if you are trying to go gluten-free. I am sure this Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet recipe will satisfy you and your family and it will be a big hit. Believe me 😉
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and tag @primaverakitchen and #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version. Thanks a lot.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (271g) big uncooked shrimp
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups green beans, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh parsley to top, chopped
- In a cast iron skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30secs.
- Add the shrimps and cook them until they are pink. Set them aside.
- Using the same skillet, add sweet potato and vegetable broth. Cook until soft, or about 10-15mins. In case you need, add a few more tablespoons of vegetable broth.
- Add green beans, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the sweet potato and green beans mixture. Stir well.
- Top the mixture with mozzarella cheese and put a lid on the skillet only for few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with fresh parsley.
If you like this Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.