Today I brought to you a super easy, quick and gorgeous Zucchini Couscous Salad recipe. Who doesn’t like easy and flavorful recipes??! For me the best dishes are the ones I don’t need to spend hours cooking. Many people think that the more complicated the recipe is, the tastier it will be. But, I follow the theory that the simpler the dish, the tastier and healthier it will be, because what really makes your dish flavorful is the quality of your ingredients. If you cook with fresh and seasonal ingredients, your Zucchini Couscous Salad will be delicious! No doubt about it!
That’s why I love to make salads. Using the greatest ingredients and spending few minutes to prepare them, you end up with a gorgeous and healthy meal for all members of your family even the ones who are very picky.
Like pasta salad or quinoa salad, couscous salad is a big hit in my home. My husband and I love it so much. I always make my salad with whole wheat couscous to make it healthier and I added just everything that I have in my fridge. Couscous goes really well with pretty much everything. This zucchini couscous salad is a delicious salad that tastes even better as a leftover.
- ⅓ cup red onions
- 1 big zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- ½ cup fresh corn
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp green onion
- 3 tbsp feta cheese
- ⅓ cup Homemade vinaigrette
- In a medium heatproof bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over the couscous.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork, and set aside to let cool for 5 minutes more.
- Heat a gas grill to medium high. In a medium bowl, gently toss the zucchini with 1 Tbs. olive oil, salt and pepper. Set the zucchini down on the grill and cook, flipping occasionally, until it is browned and softened but not mushy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In the same bowl used to cook the couscous, add zucchini and all the remain ingredients. Stir really well along with the homemade vinaigrette. Taste and adjust the seasoning if you think it is necessary. Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Salads recipes for you
This is a easy tutorial that teaches you how to make delicious and healthy Homemade Vinaigrette.
How about making this healthy and delicious Mediterranean Quinoa Salad for lunch?!
This Chopped Salad with Tayberries is very summery!
This Tabbouleh salad is impossible to resist!