Looking for an easy, comforting meal? This Carrot Parsnip Soup only requires a short list of ingredients that create a lot of nourishing goodness in a bowl. I guarantee you’ll love this comforting soup on your busy weeknights!
Now that the weather has been cooler out, I’ve been on a soup kick. I’ve made, Chicken Noodle Soup, Ground Turkey Soup with Veggie Roots, Healthier Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe, Sweet Potato Chicken Soup Recipe, and now this carrot parsnip soup!
This is definitely the easiest recipe ever because you just need to chop the veggies and basically throw everything in a pot, simmer it, purée it, and you are ready to eat. I am sure you will love this quick and simple soup because it is really delicious and has everything you expect from a Carrot Parsnip Soup recipe: creamy, slightly sweet, and full of flavour. Want a side dish to go with this? Try this Chopped Red Cabbage Kale Salad.
More healthy soup recipes to try:
- Spicy Carrot Soup: This soup will warm you up on those chilly nights. It is made with carrots, curry powder, garlic powder, ground coriander, and a little bit of cayenne pepper.
- Carrot Leek Soup: It’s made with a classic carrot-leek combination. It’s easy to make, perfect for a cold or busy day, and tastes AWESOME!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 20-minutes Butternut Squash Soup: This recipe makes a simple, easy, and delicious healthy lunch to enjoy during the fall/winter cold weather. It’s paleo, whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-carb.
Still want more?? Try these 30 Healthy Soup Recipes!
Thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest and Soups and Stews Pinterest Board.
See below for how to make this Carrot and Parsnip Soup:
Carrot and Parsnip Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onions chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 2 cups parsnips chopped
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper
- chives for garnishing
- In a large pot over high heat, add the olive oil. When the pan and oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium, and add the onions and celery. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots and parsnips along with 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Bring it to a boil, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Using an immersion hand blender or counter-top blender, puree the veggies. It is not necessary to remove all the liquid from the pot to puree the veggies.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve topped with fresh chives.
- Use low sodium broth if you want to decrease your salt content.
- If you find the soup too thick for your liking, you can add more broth to thin it out.
- You can puree the soup as smoothly or chunky as you prefer.
- To store: Store leftover carrot and parsnip soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the soup in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot. Since it's thick, you'll need to stir it throughout.
- To freeze: Freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Make sure you leave space when freezing as liquid expands as it freezes.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Carrot Parsnip Soup recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More soup recipes to try:
This Zucchini Soup is so fresh and summery!
This picture speaks for itself! This Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas is delicious!
I love the combo of this Beet and Sweet Potato Soup. Yummy!!
Leave a Comment