This Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet is a delicious low-carb and gluten-free meal that’s super quick and easy to make and it’s loaded with flavour. It’s ready in 15 minutes and it’s great as leftover too.
These past few days have been very crazy for me. On one side I’m very excited with our trip to Europe next week. My husband has to go to England for work and we decided to take advantage of this opportunity and visit a new country on this beautiful continent. We’re going to spend one week and a half in England and another one week and a half in Portugal. Wow three weeks in Europe! It’s so cool!
And on the other hand, I haven’t been feeling very well these past few days because I have an annoying inflammation of my right eye. It’s nothing very serious and I’m already being medicated, but it hurts a bit. I’m feeling much better and I believe by the end of the week I’ll be 100% good! Hopefully!
Even though I wasn’t feeling very well I still cooked, but I chose to cook easy and quick meals. I made my Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet, my 5-ingredient Chicken zucchini Boats, my Cauliflower Fried “Rice” and this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet I’m sharing with you today. All easy recipes that don’t require lots of ingredients and not time consuming.
I love this recipe because even if you don’t have bell peppers or onions, you can still make this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet with other veggies of your preference such as green beans and asparagus. You don’t have any excuse to not try this recipe during your busy week.
5 Reasons Why You Should Make This Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet Recipe:
- It’s gluten-free, low-carb and if you don’t use cheese it’s paleo and Whole30 friendly too.
- It only takes 15 minutes to be ready on your table.
- It can be served on its own or you could serve it with rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles and even pasta.
- It’s made with simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen.
- It’s all made in one-pan.
Other Shrimp Skillet recipes to try:
- Shrimp Vegetable Skillet: It’s loaded with veggies, flavorful spices, and shrimp. It’s a low-carb, whole30, gluten-free, and paleo one-pan meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet: It’s one-pan meal, but you can also serve it with a delicious easy mediterranean salad.
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet: It takes literally a few minutes to be ready and it’s full of flavors that you’ll think you are eating a gourmet meal!
Hope you try and enjoy it!
Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion — sliced
- 3 big bell pepper — sliced
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb shrimp — peeled and deveined tail-on
- Garnish with fresh feta cheese — skip the cheese if you are on Whole30 or Paleo diet
In large cast iron skillet, heat up oil and sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic for about 5-7 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes and all the spices. Toss well to combine.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, bring to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes or until they become pink. Be careful to not overcook them, otherwise they will have a rubbery texture.
Turn off the heat and sprinkle minced feta cheese on top to serve.
Serve with green salad, rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice and so on.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 185, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 183mg, Sodium: 800mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 33g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Onions Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.