Boost your energy in the morning with this Super Energy Cranberry Apple Smoothie that combines the tartness of the cranberry with the sweetness of the apple, the flavor of the coconut milk and a pinch of cinnamon. This is a perfect way to start your day during wintertime!
I know that this time of the year we are all planning to boost our energy, eat healthier and make good choices regarding foods. So, for this reason I brought to you today a delicious and healthy Cranberry Apple Smoothie recipe.
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and when we start the day right, we are more encouraged to continue eating healthy throughout the day.
I love smoothies because you simply can dump all the good and nutritious ingredients your have on your fridge in the blend for 1 minute and done!
You will have a perfect breakfast on-the-go or maybe a mid-morning/afternoon snack. Also smoothies are great to naturally boost your energy, since they are packed with good-for-you nutrients.
Talking about good nutrients in your smoothie, this recipe with cranberries is what you need. These berries are known for being rich in vitamins and antioxidants, for supporting the immune system, for their anti-cancer properties and for having cleansing powers.
Wow… All that? Yes, I’m telling you that these little red berries do wonders. After all that, I guess I just convinced you to make this smoothie, right?
All my smoothies are packed with healthy goodness. They’re such an easy and healthy way to try the day off! Check out my Peach Green Smoothie Recipe, Easy Apple Smoothie Recipe, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie if you don’t believe me 😉
This refreshingly healthy smoothie is the perfect combination of the sweetness from the apple with the tartness of the cranberry. However, if your apple is not so sweet you may need to add a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey to adjust the flavor.
On top of that I added a pinch of cinnamon to give the hit taste we all need during wintertime. So, I am sure you will enjoy this Cranberry Apple Smoothie and it will help you to keep your 2017 resolutions of eating healthier.
The Best Blender for Smoothie:
For sure my two favourite ways to blend my smoothies are:
- NutriBullet: I love it so much because it’s very powerful and it allows you to blend in the cup you’ll be drinking from. It’s so practical and makes clean up a breeze. Every smoothie I’ve made using it has turned out amazing!
- Vitamix: It’s one of my favourite small appliances. I make smoothies, my low-carb blueberry muffins, soups sauces, spreads and digs with it. I love it so much and really recommend it.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients listed below and puree for about 30 seconds.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately.
- Using a frozen banana leads to a creamier smoothie.
- Fresh or frozen cranberry is fine for the recipe but frozen cranberries will give you a thicker smoothie. There's no need to thaw the frozen cranberries before adding them to the blender.
- You can swap the coconut milk for any other milk of your choice.
- To store: You can store the smoothie for an extra day in the fridge but you'll have to give it a mix as the smoothie may separate in the fridge.
- To freeze: Freeze the smoothie in an airtight container with some space on top as the smoothie will expand.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Super Energy Cranberry Apple Smoothie recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Smoothies Recipes!