Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce with Italian Sausage
Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce with Italian Sausage - Bring the fall flavour to your dinner table with this super creamy and easy Pumpkin and Italian Sausage Alfredo Sauce.
Servings 4 people
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain it and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat brown the sausage. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
In the same skillet, add onions and cook until they are translucent.
Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
Then, add the pumpkin puree and half & half. Whisk to combine everything well.
Add in the grated parmesan, salt and pepper.
Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
Return the cooked sausage to the skillet and add the pasta as well.
Top with fresh parley and parmesan for garnish
- The sauce was adapted from Tastes Lovely.
- Canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie filling are different as pumpkin pie filling is seasoned with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar. Make sure to grab the correct can!
- I recommend using freshly grated parmesan cheese as it melts better into the sauce compared to pre-grated cheese.
- Feel free to use hot Italian sausage if you prefer your pasta to have a kick of heat.
- To store: Keep the pumpkin alfredo in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat the leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- To freeze: You can freeze leftover pasta in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1819mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g