Healthy Chicken Stroganoff
This easy-to-follow Healthy Chicken Stroganoff recipe is made with yogurt and it is a perfect meal for a busy weeknight dinner because it comes together in 30 minutes.
Servings 4 people
Cook rice or pasta according to directions on package.
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add mushroom and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add onions and garlic and cook until browned.
Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Cook through, about 5 minutes. It can take less or more minutes. It will depend on the thickness of chicken.
Add white wine and cook for 3 minutes.
Now it is time to add one cup of tomato sauce and Dijon mustard and cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in yogurt and parsley.
Serve over rice or pasta.
- If you do not have wine, you can use broth in its place.
- Make sure to not use red wine as they tend to have sweeter notes that won't go with the stroganoff.
- Make sure you are buying plain and not flavoured Greek yogurt. Always double check the container.
- To store: Keep the chicken stroganoff in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat the chicken stroganoff in the microwave or stovetop.
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g