Super Easy Slow Cooker Chili
Try this super easy slow cooker chili recipe that is packed with beans, veggies, and spice. This is a perfect hearty and spicy meal for dinner.
Servings 6 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup white onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 450 g extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup celery chopped
- 2/3 cup carrot chopped
- 2 cups dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups diced tomato, canned
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground 7.5ml coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground 7.5ml crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Green onions chopped
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, then add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds longer.
Add extra-lean ground turkey and cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Pour browned ground turkey into slow cooker.
Add celery, carrots, red kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, coriander seed, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper.
Stir mixture, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 5 - 6 hours.
Top with green onions.
Serving: 1/6 | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g