How to Make Homemade Basil Pesto
This classic, homemade basil pesto recipe is made with only 5 ingredients. This is a perfect recipe to replace your store-bought pesto.
Servings 20 teaspoons
Combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, and parmesan cheese in food processor.
Pulse the ingredients until combined.
Slowly pour in olive oil while running food processor.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make sure the pinenuts are fresh as they will taste bitter if not.
- Add more olive oil if you'd like for the pesto to be more runny. Use less oil if you'd like a thicker pesto.
- Make sure to use a good quality oil as you will be able to taste the oil.
- To store: Store leftover pesto in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Freeze homemade pesto in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1/20 | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 9mg