Rice with Roasted Butternut Squash and Dried Cranberries
This Rice with Roasted Butternut Squash and Dried Cranberries is a delicious gluten-free and vegan side dish that is great for the holidays.
Servings 4 people
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, add squash, 2 tbsp olive oil, dry parsley, salt, and pepper until squash is evenly coated.
Spread on a baking sheet and bake until squash is roasted and tender, about 30-40 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp in a pan over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
Add spinach and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
In the same pan, where is the spinach mixture, add the roasted squash, cooked rice, and cranberries.
Stir everything very well and garnish with fresh green onions.
- You can buy pre-diced butternut squash. If you have trouble cutting yours, you can microwave the squash before cutting it open.
- Try to find dried cranberries with no added sugar.
- You can add some nuts or seeds are an extra crunchy texture.
- To store: You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: Reheat leftovers in the microwave.
- To freeze: Freeze any leftovers in a freezer-safe airtight bag for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g