Chopped Salad with Tayberries
This Chopped Salad with Tayberries is delicious. The tart flavour from the tayberrieswith some greens, red onions and chicken made this salad even better.
Servings 6 people
In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
Set the chicken aside for about 8-10 minutes and then cut chicken into small pieces.
In a medium size bowl, add all the ingredients, except the homemade vinaigrette. Mix all the ingredients to thoroughly.
Then pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss really well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if you think it is necessary.
- Make sure to chop everything into bite-sized pieces so you get a bite of everything with each forkful.
- Don't have red onions? Swap for shallots.
- Careful not to overcook the chicken as it'll dry out. Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before cutting so it stays moist.
- To store: Put leftover salad into an airtight glass container and keep for up to 3 days. Store the dressing separately so the salad doesn't get soggy.
- To reheat: You can eat the salad straight from the fridge or keep the chicken separate and reheat the chicken only.
Serving: 1/6 | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g