Easy Roasted Asparagus
This easy quick roasted asparagus is made in the oven and is delicious and full of flavour. In minutes, you have a healthy and delicious side dish for your meal.
Servings 4 people
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray, line it with parchment paper, and set aside.
Break off the tough ends of the asparagus.
Arrange the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
Drizzle with olive oil, and toss well. Use a pastry brush (basting brush) if necessary to coat each asparagus spear.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
Roast the asparagus for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Season with Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges.
- You can snap off the tough ends as they'll naturally break at the woody part. Alternatively, you can snap one off and use it as a guide on where to cut the rest of the asparagus.
- Make sure you do not pack the asparagus too tightly together on the sheet pan as they'll steam instead of roast in the oven.
- Always wash and dry the asparagus thoroughly before roasting.
- To store: Store the roasted asparagus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can reheat leftovers in the oven or microwave.
- To freeze: Place the cooked asparagus in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g