Garlic Butter Cod Fish Recipe
This cod fish recipe combines fresh fish fillets with a flavourful garlic butter sauce. Make this easy fish recipe for a quick one-pan dinner!
Servings 4 people
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Pat cod fish dry with paper towel and season all over with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt and pepper.
Place the cod fish in a large (10-inch) skillet and turn the heat to medium. Sear fish for 3-4 minutes. Flip your cod fish fillets over to cook the other side.
Add butter and when it melts, add garlic and lemon zest. Cook for about 1 minute.
Gently remove fish from the pan and plate onto a serving dish. Garnish with green onions.
- Click HERE to watch the web story.
- If you use cod loins instead of fillets, you'll have to adjust the cooking time as they're larger.
- If using frozen cod, make sure it's completely thawed before cooking with it.
- The cod is ready when the internal temperature reaches between 140 and 145 degrees F.
- To store: Store leftover cod in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can reheat garlic butter cod on the stovetop or microwave.
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 544mg | Potassium: 22mg