Sweet Potato Chicken Soup Recipe
This hearty, healthy, and comforting Sweet Potato Chicken Soup is made in less than 30 minutes. It’s also low-carb, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly.
Servings 4 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 cup red onions diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups sweet potato diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- ¼ cup peas (don't add peas if you are on Whole30 and paleo diet)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley chopped for garnishing
In a large pot, heat olive oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, turn the heat down to medium.
Add onion and celery. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add sweet potato, chicken broth, and crushed tomato.
Bring to a boil and simmer partially covered for 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except the fresh parsley) and cook for 2 more minutes.
Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g