Low-Carb Broccoli Tots Recipe
These Low-Carb Broccoli Tots are veggie-packed and make a delicious, healthy, and dairy-free snack/appetizer for any time of the day!
Servings 24 people
- 2 medium heads broccoli cut into florets
- ½ cup small diced onion
- ½ cup small diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- ½ cup finely ground breadcrumbs Instead of ½cup of breadcrumbs, you can add ¼ cup of breadcrumbs and ¼ cup of Parmesan if you prefer. Since I want to make it dairy free I added ½ cup of breadcrumbs.
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and ground fresh pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or olive oil
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Grease a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil.
In a large pot bring water to a boil; add salt, the broccoli florets and cook until it is tender. It’s about 3-5 minutes.
Drain and blend in the food processor for a few seconds.
Transfer it to a kitchen towel and wring out. You need to squeeze out water as much as you can. I made this recipe without squeeze out the water and the tots were not as crispy as when I squeeze out the water. I really think this process is very important. I changed kitchen towel and squeezed a second time and third time too.
In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well to combine.
Spoon about 1 or 2 tablespoons (depends on the size you want your tots to be) of the mixture and with your hands and make a tot shape (see the shape on the pictures).
Place them on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the process until you don’t have any more broccoli mixture. The tots should be set 1 inch.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Turn them and bake for more 20 minutes or until crispy.
Serve them with ketchup or any other dip of your preference.
Serving: 1/24 | Calories: 12kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g