Easy Zucchini Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is a quick and easy way to replace starchy rice in any dish. This recipe is a light and flavorful way to get more veggies on your plate.
Servings 4 people
Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it’s a rice-like consistency. Set aside.
Add oil on pot or skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion for about 5 minutes. Then add zucchini, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes.
Add riced cauliflower, pesto and mix everything well. Cook until tender.
When it’s time to serve, top with hemp seeds and fresh chopped parsley.
- Smaller zucchinis are less watery than larger ones.
- To save time, you can buy pre-cut cauliflower florets or riced cauliflower.
- Make sure to dice the zucchini finely so you get even bites of cauliflower and zucchini.
- To store: Store the zucchini cauliflower rice for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- To freeze: Freeze the rice in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 2 months.
Serving: 1/4 | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 728mg | Potassium: 656mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g