Chicken Zucchini Rolls
These Chicken Zucchini Rolls make a super-easy, healthy, and delicious dinner for the entire family to enjoy!
Servings 6 people
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breast skinless
- 2½ cups store-bought spaghetti or marinara sauce or homemade tomato sauce divided
- 3 medium zucchini sliced lengthwise ⅛-inch thick (I used a mandoline to make the zucchini slices.)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella divided
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, mix the shredded cooked chicken and 1½ cups of tomato sauce. Stir well.
In a casserole dish, spread a ½ cup of tomato sauce on the bottom.
Before you start assembling the zucchini rolls, place a piece of wax paper, aluminum foil, or a clean cutting board on the counter, and lay out the zucchini slices.
First, spread about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture over each zucchini slice.
Then, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese. Save a ½ cup of mozzarella cheese to top the zucchini noodles when you place them in the prepared casserole.
Carefully roll them up, and place them in the prepared casserole dish.
Top the zucchini rolls with the remaining ½ cup of tomato sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
Bake covered with foil or parchment paper for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the foil or parchment paper, and bake for 15-20 minutes more until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- Try using a different cheese to change the flavour! Try Monterey Jack cheese or sharp cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella.
- Place zucchini rolls tightly against one another so they don’t unravel as they bake.
- Don't overstuff the rolls or they'll unroll as they bake.
- To store: Store leftover chicken zucchini rolls in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: Reheat leftovers in the microwave or oven until warm.
Serving: 1/6 | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.5g | Protein: 23.1g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.3g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 791mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 10.9g