My Kitchen Utensils
Kitchen utensils are very important tools in the kitchen, because they help us to be more efficient while we are cooking. I also realize that having essential kitchen tools make our work easier and is a big time saver, since these utensils can do half of our work. So, I select the most useful and essential utensils that I use almost everyday for my recipes on Primavera Kitchen to share with you, just because I love them and I hope you do too.
Price: 9.99$, from Amazon.com
Price: 15.99$, from Amazon.com
Price: 33.65$, from Amazon.com
Price: 118.41$, from Amazon.com
5. Mandoline Slicer – This tool definitely speeds things up in our kitchen. I love using mandolin when I want a very consistent thickness (I use it a lot when I am making my zucchini lasagna). However, I use a knife where the consistent thickness is not as important. This one is completely safe when using the cutting guard that comes in the package. But, when I am slicing small veggies I like to wear these gloves because the cutting guard doesn’t work for small veggies.
Price: 79.99$, from Amzon.com
6. Peeler Set – Like the mandolin slicer, a vegetable peeler can really speed up your preparation time when you are cooking from scratch. This peeler set is great because they will remove the skin evenly and neatly without taking off too much of the edible flesh. They also come with a julienne peeler, which is great to make veggies noodles.
Price: 14.99$, from Amazon.com
7. Scrape Shovel – a scrape shovel is great for collecting and transporting ingredients from the cutting board to a pot on the stovetop. Before I had this tool, I used the side of my chef’s knife to transfer chopped, diced or minced food to the pan or bowl. I didn’t think it was really necessary, but since I bought it I am chocked to see how quickly we can pick up everything that is on the cutting board. Again it is a very time saving tool and I am always surprised by just how much food fits on the blade.
Price: 5.29$, from Amazon.com
Price: 30.00$, from Amazon.com
Price: 6.72$, from Amazon.com
10. Strainer Colander with Handle – For draining pasta and washing vegetables, rinsing grains, beans, rice, lentils and any other food preparation a strainer colander is an essential tool for your kitchen. This one is awesome for sifting dry ingredients as well. This type of strainer is my favorite because it features a resting ring design to hook over pots or bowls, which is very useful while cooking. This steel strainer is without a doubt one of my essential tools in my busy kitchen.
Price: 9.99$, from Amazon.com
11. Salad Spinner – A salad spinner is so useful and important when it comes to having a crispy salad. It prevents your greens from becoming soggy, since this salad spinner dries your greens. The best part of this spinner is that you can use the strainer basket that comes with the spinner for draining pasta and the bowl for serving in the days that you don’t need to set a fancy table for dinner. It is for sure a multi-purpose kitchen tool.
Price: 28.88$, from Amazon.com
12. Silicone Tongs – A good pair of tongs in your kitchen that can handle all kinds of food is definitely a must have. It’s important for them to have silicone tips to prevent scratching and heat-resistance so they don’t melt away after frequent use. This pair of tongs have great ergonomics and you can even lock / unlock them with just your thumb. I highly recommend it especially to sauté veggies and cook meat.
Price: 18.95$, from Amazon.com
13. Wooden Spoon – This is a very high quality stir spoon that you will use ALL the time while you are cooking. I love wooden spoons because they are durable, heat resistant, light and won’t scratch cookware or pans. Plus, they are endlessly useful, long lasting and versatile. A few sturdy wooden spoons are essential in any kitchen for sure.
This page contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one of these links, Primavera Kitchen would receive a small percentage of the sale price, but you won’t have any additional cost. Thanks for your supporting.