These delicious and healthy Eggplant Pizza Bites are low-carb, gluten-free and very flavourful!! It is made with homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella and spinach!
One of these days I visited Eat Good 4 Life, which is one of my favorite food blogs and I saw this eggplant pizza recipe. I said to myself: I have to make this right now!! So, I did and it turned out very good. I love all Miryam’s recipes because they are delicious, easy to make and most important they are healthy.
I use mozzarella cheese instead provolone like she used because that was what I had in my fridge. So, this is the beauty of this recipe. If you don’t have one of the ingredients you can replace for something that you have and you will end up with a flavorful and nutritious appetizer.
For this recipe I also used my homemade a tomato sauce recipe, because I just think everything tastes even better when you make from scratch. I also didn’t add salt because there is salt on the tomato sauce and in the mozzarella too. If you want you can use any type of tomato like for example cherry tomatoes. But I use a big tomato and I diced it because that was what I had on hand. Put your creativity to work and top your eggplants with anything healthy tasting and delicious that you may have in your fridge.
Try to make this for a quick and healthy lunch or even dinner because who doesn’t like pizza flavors anytime of the day, right? I do, especially when it is low-carb, gluten-free and cheesyyy!
I really hope you give this Eggplant Pizza Bites recipe a try! And thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have and awesome Healthy Fall Recipes Board on Pinterest!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced (You will have about 12 slices from one large eggplant)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 large red tomato, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach (baby kale works too)
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a greasy baking sheet, place the eggplant slices and drizzle on the top with olive oil.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and spread tomato sauce over each eggplant slice.
- Then add mozzarella, spinach, diced tomato and Parmesan to the top of each eggplant slice.
- Bring the eggplants to the oven again and broil them for about 3-5 minutes or until gold and brown.
So, I hope you enjoy this Eggplant Pizza Bites recipe and try to make some in your own kitchen today. If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Taste more recipes from Primavera Kitchen!
These Lentil Deviled Eggs are made with creamy pureed lentil, mustard and olive oil.
What about making this healthy whole wheat Kale, Peppers and Red Onions Pizza?!
This Polenta with Tomato Sauce, Balsamic Onions and Feta is an easy and quick appetizer!