Garlic butter chicken thighs are easy to make and taste great with your favorite sides. Make this recipe for dinner tonight in just 30 minutes!
It doesn’t take a lot of fancy ingredients to have a delicious meal.
Sometimes, simple is better and can be exactly what you need on a busy weeknight.
Plus, you may already have all of the ingredients on hand you need to make this dish! That makes this chicken recipe the perfect solution when you can’t make it to the grocery store.
Also, if you like simple recipes like this Garlic Buter Chicken Thighs, please try these ones too: Easy Baked Dijon Chicken Thighs, Spicy Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower Rice, Baked Chicken Thighs with Brussel Sprouts and Chicken Thighs and Bell Peppers Skillet.
How to make garlic butter chicken thighs
Just sear the meat to get the skin nice and crispy, then bake in a garlic butter sauce. It’s that simple!
- Chicken thighs – Use bone-in, skin-on to get the outside crispy while keeping the inside moist.
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic – Crush fresh cloves or use minced from a jar.
- Olive oil – Substitute any other neutral cooking oil like avocado, canola, or vegetable.
- Fresh parsley
Prep the ingredients
- Use a paper towel to pat dry the chicken thighs. This helps the seasoning stick to the meat better.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mince the garlic and chop the parsley, then set aside.
Brown the chicken
- Place the thighs in a large cast iron skillet and cook until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
- If you’ll be using a regular nonstick skillet, heat some oil in the pan first before adding the chicken so it doesn’t stick.
Make garlic butter and bake
- On the side of the pan, melt the butter.
- Add in the garlic and stir to combine. Cook a little longer, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Then, place the skillet in the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Baste and serve
- Remove from the oven and spoon the garlic butter over the chicken a few times to coat it.
- Then, garnish with the chopped parsley and serve with your favorite sides.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use a regular nonstick skillet instead of cast iron?
Yes, but you’ll need to make sure the handles are oven-proof since the chicken is finished in the oven.
If not, continue cooking the thighs in the pan. Make sure to frequently baste them with the garlic butter to infuse the flavor and prevent the butter from burning.
The meat will be done with it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the juices run clear.
What goes with Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs?
Because these are made with a simple garlic butter sauce, the side dish possibilities are endless! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Sauteed or roasted vegetables
- Cauliflower rice
- Potato salad
- Broccoli salad
- Cauliflower potato salad
- Roasted cauliflower
- Tossed green salad
- Mashed sweet potatoes
- Pasta salad
- Zucchini noodles
Storage and reheating
Transfer the chicken to an airtight container within 2 hours for proper food safety. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat in the microwave or in the oven until warmed through. Or, cut the meat off the bone and heat in a pan on the stove in a little bit of oil.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes
If you liked this recipe, try one of these other easy to make dishes. Plus, they’re all one pan recipes just like this one!
- Spicy Chicken with Sauteed Cabbage and Zucchini Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Sweet Potato
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Vegetables
More Garlic Butter Sauce Recipes
- Skillet Garlic Butter Steak Recipe
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast
- Garlic Butter Lamb Chops Recipe
- Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops
- Garlic Butter Rainbow Trout in Foil Recipe
Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone in — skin on chicken thighs
- 5 cloves garlic — crushed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley — chopped
Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and season all over with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in a large (10-inch) cast iron, and turn the heat to medium. Sear until the skin is golden and crispy. It’s about 5 minutes (they will not be cooked through at this point). Flip your chicken over once the skin is crispy
Place butter in the same skillet. When the butter is melted, add minced garlic. Stir the garlic around the pan for 30 seconds.
Place the whole skillet in the oven and bake for 30 mins for until chicken gets the internal temperature at 165°.
When the chicken is cooked, spoon some of the garlic butter over top of each thigh, top with parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/5) — Calories: 214, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 96mg, Sodium: 130mg, Potassium: 15mg, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 15g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!