Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops are juicy, tender and super flavorful thanks to the amazing butter sauce. You’ll need less than 20 minutes to make this recipe.
You and your family will love this delicious Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops, because this recipe is one of the best baked pork chops recipes I’ve ever made. This baked pork chops are super juicy and tender thanks to the garlic butter thyme sauce. Mm… It’s so good that the pork chops will melt-in-your mouth. Trust me when I say that.
You’ll make this recipe many times since it’s the fastest and easiest way to make pork chops in the oven. In only 5 minutes, you’ll prep everything to cook and in 10-12 minutes this recipe will be done and ready to eat. And the butter sauce it’s super easy to make as well.
Once you melt the butter in the microwave, you just need to add minced garlic and chopped thyme and give it a good stir. Then pour this sauce over the pork chops and bake it.
This garlic butter sauce is the queen of this baked pork chops recipe because it’ll help to keep the pork chops very juicy, tender, moist and delicious. This recipe is also low-carb, paleo and whole30 (use Ghee instead of butter) and gluten-free.
Easy ingredients to make this Baked Pork Chops recipe:
What I love the most about this recipe is that it requires simple ingredients, but yet it’s so flavourful. All you need is:
- Good quality butter (if possible organic or grass-fed butter)
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Pork Chops
What is the right internal temperature for this Baked Pork Chops recipe?
Pork chops should stay in the oven until they have reached 145 degrees Fahrenheit internal temperature. You can measure it by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of pork chop.
What’s the best way to cook pork chops?
In my option the best way to make juicy and tender pork chops is by searing on the stove using a cast iron skillet and then, finish cooking them in the oven. The reason being is: the pork chops will get a nice, brown and beautiful crust on the outside, and they will be very juicy and tender inside.
How do I make tender pork chops in the oven?
- First, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Then, season well pork chops with salt and pepper. The amount of salt and pepper here will depend on your taste.
- Third, prepare the butter sauce by placing four tablespoons of butter in a small glass bowl and melt it in the microwave or stove. Once it’s melted, add chopped thyme and garlic. Stir well and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and when the skillet is really hot add pork chops and sear them until they get a nice golden and brown look. It’s about 4 minutes each side.
- Pour garlic butter mixture over the pork chops and place skillet in the oven. Cook until pork chops get the internal temperature of 145F.
- Remove skillet from the oven and using a spoon, pour some of the delicious butter sauce left in the skillet onto the pork chops before serve. Enjoy!!
Sides that go well with Baked Pork Chops:
- Golden Cauliflower Rice
- Crispy Roasted Green Beans
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet
- Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower
- Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad
Another Great Pork Chop Recipe to Try:
Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops
- 2 medium pork chops
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter — melted (use Ghee if you're doing Whole30)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme — chopped
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil — extra virgen
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, thyme, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
When the skillet is really hot add pork chops. Sear until golden. It’s about 2 minutes each side (the time will depend on the thickness of your pork chop).
- Pour garlic butter mixture over the pork chops.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook until cooked through. It’s about 10-12 minutes or until pork chops get the internal temperature of 145F.
- Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the skillet onto the pork chops before serving.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/2) — Calories: 371, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 478mg, Potassium: 193mg, Carbohydrates: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 14g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!