Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops are juicy, tender, and super-flavourful thanks to the amazing butter sauce. You need less than 20 minutes to make this recipe. If you like healthy pork chop recipes, this garlic butter baked pork chops recipe is for you.
You and your family will love these delicious Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops because this recipe is one of the best baked pork chops recipes I’ve ever made. These baked pork chops are super juicy and tender thanks to the garlic butter thyme sauce. Mm… It’s so good that the pork chops will melt-in-your-mouth. Trust me when I say this!
You’ll make this recipe many times since it’s the fastest and easiest way to make pork chops in the oven. In only 5 minutes, you’ll prep everything, and in 10-12 minutes, this recipe will be done and ready to eat. And the butter sauce is super easy to make as well.
Once you melt the butter in the microwave, simply add the minced garlic and chopped thyme, and give it a good stir. Then, pour this sauce over the pork chops, and bake it.
This garlic butter sauce is the queen of this baked pork chops recipe because it keeps the pork chops very juicy, tender, moist, and delicious. This recipe is also low-carb, paleo, whole30 (use ghee instead of butter), and gluten-free.
Easy ingredients to make this Baked Pork Chops recipe:
What I love most about this recipe is that it requires simple ingredients, yet it’s so flavourful. You need:
- Good quality butter (if possible organic or grass-fed or ghee)
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Pork chops
What is the correct internal temperature for this Baked Pork Chops recipe?
Cook the pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF. Measure it by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop.
What’s the best way to cook pork chops?
In my opinion, the best way to make juicy and tender pork chops is by searing them on the stove using a cast iron skillet and then finish cooking them in the oven. The reason is that the pork chops will have a nice, brown, and beautiful crust on the outside, and they will be very juicy and tender inside.
How do I make tender pork chops in the oven?
- First, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Then, season the pork chops well with salt and pepper. The amount of salt and pepper depends on your taste.
- Third, prepare the butter sauce by melting four tablespoons of butter in the microwave or stove. Once it’s melted, add the chopped thyme and garlic. Stir well, and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, and when the skillet is really hot, add the pork chops, and sear them until they have a nice golden brown look, about 4 minutes per side.
- Pour the garlic butter mixture over the pork chops, and place the skillet in the oven. Cook until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and using a spoon, pour some of the delicious butter sauce left in the skillet onto the pork chops before serving. Enjoy!!
Sides that go well with Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops:
- Golden Cauliflower Rice
- Crispy Roasted Green Beans
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Skillet
- Whole30 Mashed Cauliflower
- Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad
More pork chop recipes to try:
See below for how to make Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops:
Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the butter, thyme, and garlic. Set aside.
In a cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
When the skillet is really hot, add the pork chops. Sear until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
Pour the garlic butter mixture over the pork chops.
Place the skillet in the oven, and cook until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145ºF, about 10-12 minutes. The time depends on the thickness of your pork chops.*
Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the skillet onto the pork chops before serving.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/2) — Calories: 371, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 478mg, Potassium: 193mg, Carbohydrates: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 14g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.