Tender, juicy Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast, that’s packed with flavour from the garlic butter sauce. It’s totally a win win!
If you love juicy chicken breasts, I’n sure you’ll love this Baked Chicken Breast recipe. My husband loves it too, especially because it’s cooked in garlic butter sauce. Who doesn’t love a buttery flavoured sauce?
This sauce gives more flavor to this baked chicken breast and helps it to be tender, moist and juicy too. This sauce is so good that you don’t need to even use a chicken marinade. I promise that this recipe will give you a good juicy baked chicken breast for dinner. So, don’t be afraid of baking chicken in the oven thinking that it’ll be dry and tasteless.
I also love this recipe because it’s very quick and easy to make. No weird steps, no wrapping or brining needed. You don’t even need to pound the chicken breast with a rolling pin or meat mallet and you don’t need to use parchment paper either. The garlic butter sauce will bring all the flavors.
I absolutely love easy and quick baked chicken breast recipes for dinner. Some of my family chicken recipes are Baked Chicken Breast Recipe, Creamy Parmesan Chicken Breast Skillet and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe. Want even more chicken breast recipes? Try these 50 Best Chicken Breast Recipes and this Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe.
How long should you Bake Chicken Breast?
The cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken breast and also on the power of your oven. Some ovens have slight heat differences.
But according to USDA, a 4-oz. chicken breast should be bake at 350°F (177˚C) for 25 minutes or 30 minutes. But if the chicken breast is smaller then 4oz, bake it for about 20 minutes.
How long does it take to Bake a chicken breast at 400?
Baking times will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken breast. For example, if you have a chicken breast that is about 5 to 6 ounces, it will take approximately 20 to 25 minutes to bake in a 400F degree oven. I prefer to bake my chicken breast at 400F because the high temperature makes the chicken gets juicier and more flavourful.
How do you know when boneless chicken breast is done?
It’s important that you use an instant read thermometer when cooking chicken breast to check that the internal temperature, which is 165°F (74˚C). And remember to always insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken.
How do you keep chicken breast from drying out in the Oven?
Be sure to not over bake the chicken breasts to avoid them getting dried out when baked. We also put the garlic butter overtop the breasts so that there’s extra added moisture to it. This is how I make delicious baked chicken breast that retain all of their natural juices.
Do you have to flip chicken breast when baking?
No, there’s no need to flip the chicken when baking.
What if I don’t have a cast iron?
If you don’t have a cast iron pan, no need to worry. You can use a regular skillet to sear your chicken and when you’re ready to cook the breasts, you can transfer them to a foil sheet pan, casserole or an oven-safe baking dish before adding the garlic butter.
Tip: if you bake your chicken breast in a sheet pan or casserole, add some potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli to make it a one-pan meal.
Is it better to Bake or Pan fry chicken breast?
Cooking chicken breast (a boneless and skinless) in a hot cast iron pan is easier to cook the chicken breast because you have less chance to overcook it compared to baking it in the oven.
Baked chicken breast is easy to dry out. That’s why this recipe are made with this delicious garlic butter sauce to make this chicken tender and juicy. The garlic butter sauce is not only amazing on top of your chicken but also on top of your sides like rice, mashed potato or other veggies.
Tips To Make The Best Baked Chicken Breast:
- Whenever possible buy organic chicken breast. My friends from Butcherbox are committed to sell only free-range Organic Chicken and grass-fed meat. And the best part, you can order online and they’ll delivery straight to your door in any part of US. It’s super convenient and you’ll receive the best quality meat box you can possible wish for 😉
- After removing the chicken from the fridge, pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
- Replace chicken breast for chicken thighs if it’s what you have. I prefer to make this recipe with boneless skinless chicken breasts. However, you can make it with bone-in and skin on chicken thighs too.
- If you want a more buttery sauce, add two extra tablespoons of butter.
- If you like spices, add more paprika and Italian seasoning. You can use also cumin, coriander, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and any other seasoning of your preference. Also, don’t forget the salt and pepper. Add all the spices in a small bowl, mix well and then season your chicken breasts.
- Make sure to not burn the garlic because it will change the taste of the entire dish.
- Let the baked chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can use a baking dish or a baking sheet.
- If you’re avoiding butter, replace it for olive oil.
What You’ll Need to Make This
- Chicken breasts — I use boneless skinless chicken breasts. Again, I prefer organic chicken breasts. It is important to use a high quality meat as some chicken breasts are injected with a solution of saltwater to plump it up so it looks better on the shelves.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper — Keep in mind that kosher salt is twice the size of table salt. A sprinkle of table salt is much saltier than the same amount in kosher salt.
- Paprika — Use sweet or smoked paprika.
- Butter — use Ghee if you’re doing Whole30.
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh parsley — chopped
- Garlic — minced
- Olive oil — extra virgin
Some people like to season their chicken breast with spices and some brown sugar. but because I want to keep it low-carb, I didn’t add brown sugar. However, if you prefer, add one teaspoon of brown sugar to the spice mixture and season your chicken.
How to Make This Baked Chicken Breast:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and paprika. In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. When the skillet is really hot add chicken breast. Sear until golden. It’s about 1-2 minutes each side.
2. In a small bowl mix together the butter, Italian seasoning, parsley, and garlic. Set aside.
3. Pour garlic butter mixture over the chicken breast. Place skillet in the oven and cook until cooked through. It’s about 20-30 minutes or until chicken breasts gets to an internal temperature of 165F.
4. Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the skillet onto the chicken breast before serving.
What should I serve with baked chicken breast?
Here’s some suggestions for you to serve with your cooked chicken breasts:
- Over cauliflower rice with salad on the side
- Over roasted veggies
- Over quinoa, rice or mashed potatoes if you’re not following a low-carb diet.
- Serve with this Chicken Breast Salad with Spicy Mayo Dressing.
Meal Prep Tips
- n cool before transferring it to the fridge. Be sure to keep the meals refrigerated until you’re ready to eat.
- Make sure to store all your portions into an airtight container. I use glass containers has they don’t hold onto any smells and are easier to clean.
- Microwave your meal prep with a damp paper towel over top the container to keep the ground beef meal prep bowls moist.
- This meal prep will last for up to 4 days when properly stored.
More Chicken Breast Recipes to Try:
- Delicious Baked Chicken Breast Recipe recipe that it’s super easy to make.
- Super Juicy Baked Chicken Breast that we love for dinner.
- Chicken Breast Meal-prep and it’s stays good in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Spicy Green Beans Chicken Breast Skillet
- Easy and quick to make Mediterranean Chicken Breast.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, paprika and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, Italian seasoning, parsley, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. When the skillet is really hot add chicken breast. Sear until golden. It’s about 1-2 minutes each side.
- Pour garlic butter mixture over the chicken breast. Place skillet in the oven and cook until cooked through. It’s about 20-30 minutes or until chicken breasts gets to an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the skillet onto the chicken breast before serving.
- Click HERE to watch the web stories for this recipe.
- Fresh garlic tastes a lot better than pre-minced garlic, so I recommend you use fresh garlic cloves.
- Get chicken breasts similar in size, so they cook evenly.
- If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, sear the chicken breasts in a regular pan and transfer them to a baking dish or lined sheet pan to finish in the oven.
- To store: Store leftover chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. You can also eat chicken cold.
- To freeze: Freeze the cooked chicken breasts in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Watch the Baked Chicken Breast Web Stories.