Tender, juicy Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast,that’s packed with flavour from the garlic butter sauce. It’s totally a win win!
I absolutely love easy and quick baked chicken breast recipes for dinner. Some of my family chicken recipes are Chimichurri Chicken Green Beans Skillet, Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg, Creamy Parmesan Chicken Skillet, Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe, Baked Chicken Parmesan and Mediterranean Chicken Skillet Recipe. They’re all easy to make, flavourful and come together in less than 30 minutes.
This Baked Chicken Breast is also one of my favourite recipes to make. My husband loves it too, especially because it’s cooked in garlic butter sauce.
This sauce gives more flavour to this baked chicken breast and helps it to be tender, most and juicy too. Who doesn’t love a good juicy baked chicken breast, right? I do! So, don’t be afraid of baking chicken in the oven thinking that it’ll be dry and tasteless.
How long should you bake chicken breast?
The cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken breast and also on the power of your oven. Some ovens have slight heat differences.
But according to USDA, a 4-oz. chicken breast should be bake at 350°F (177˚C) for 25 minutes or 30 minutes. But if the chicken breast is smaller then 4oz, bake it for about 20 minutes.
It’s important that you use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature, which is 165°F (74˚C). And remember to alwaysinsert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast.
Tips to make the best Baked Chicken Breast:
- Whatever is possible buy organic chicken breast. My friends from Butcherbox are committed to sell only free-range Organic Chicken and grass-fed meat. And the best part, you can order online and they’ll delivery straight to your door in any part of US. It’s super convenient and you’ll receive the best quality meal box you can possible wish for 😉
- Don’t forget to preheat the oven for 10 minutes at least before placing the chicken in the oven.
- Replace chicken breast for chicken thighs if it’s what you have. I prefer to make this recipe with boneless skinless chicken breasts. However, you can make it with bone-in and skin on chicken thighs too.
- If you want to butter sauce add to extra tablespoons of butter.
- If you like spices, add more paprika and Italian seasoning. You can use also cumin, coriander, garlic powder and any other seasoning of your preference. Also, don’t forget the salt and pepper. Add all the spices in a small bowl, mix well and then season your chicken breasts.
- Make sure to not burn the garlic because it will change the taste of the entire dish.
- Let the baked chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can use a baking dish or a baking sheet to perfectly baked chicken breasts.
- If you’re avoiding butter, replace it for olive oil.
What should I serve with baked chicken breast?
Here’s some suggestions for you to serve with your cooked chicken breasts:
· over veggie noodles such as zucchini, butternut squash and sweet potato noodles.
· with mashed cauliflower and steamed broccoli
· over roasted veggies
Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breast
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts — about 1 lb
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter — melted — use Ghee if you're doing Whole30
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley — chopped
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil — extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, paprika and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, Italian seasoning, parsley, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When the skillet is really hot add chicken breast. Sear until golden. It’s about 1-2 minutes each side.
- Pour garlic butter mixture over the chicken breast.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook until cooked through. It’s about 20-30 minutes or until chicken breasts gets to an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the skillet onto the chicken breast before serving.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/3) — Calories: 377, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 176mg, Sodium: 375mg, Potassium: 555mg, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 41g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!