Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Healthy Meatball Vegetable Soup is full of veggies and protein. It’s super easy to make, very satisfying, low-carb and gluten-free too.
This Healthy Meatball Vegetable Soup is the best soup to warm up you and your family during the wintertime. It is full of good stuff like lots of veggies, good quality protein from the extra-lean ground turkey and an organic low-sodium chicken broth. Also, this soup is super easy to make and very satisfying. We sometimes have this Healthy Meatball Vegetable Soup for dinner with some bread and we don’t feel the need to eat anything else. Believe me! For sure, this is the meal to help you stop your Italian food cravings without eating lots of carbs and heavy sauces.
One tip I would like to give to you is if you need to make this recipe very quickly right after getting home from work, I suggest you to make the meatballs before and freeze them. This way your Healthy Meatball Vegetable Soup will be ready in less than 30 minutes. All you have to do is to throw the meatballs in the soup while the soup is cooking. Enjoy!
- For the Meatballs:
- 20 oz (1.3 lb) extra-lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs (or you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- For the Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 6 cups organic reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
For the meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, onion, garlic, salt and cheese.
- Use your hands to mix everything together and roll the mixture into meatballs.
- Spray oil cooking on a baking sheet and place the meatballs on it.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- For the Soup:
- In a large pot heat olive oil over high heat.
- When the oil is hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and saute until tender. It's about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer partially-covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and drop the meatballs.
- Cook for more 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and parmesan.
If you like this Healthy Meatball Vegetable Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More soup recipes to try!