These homemade Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Veggies are healthier and tastier than other meatballs recipes because they are filled with lots of veggies. You can choose to eat these meatballs on their own or with my simple tomato sauce and whole wheat pasta.
When I was preparing the ingredients, I noticed I had zucchini in my fridge, but I chose not to use them because they can make the mixture very watery. But if you want to use zucchini, you can. Just add a little more of breadcrumbs. This tip will work for any veggies that are a bit watery. Peppers also are a bit watery, especially after you shredded them. That’s why I skipped shredding them. I just cut in very small pieces and dried them with a towel paper.
I always use whole wheat or gluten-free breadcrumbs because they’re healthier and lighter than the traditional ones. But if you don’t have whole wheat or gluten-free breadcrumbs, go ahead and use the ones you have on hand since your meatballs will be delicious anyway. I put just enough breadcrumbs to soak up the liquid from the veggies and to make the mixture adhere better.
As some of you know, we love spices of any kind. I just think they bring the dish to another level. So, I added a little bit of cumin, coriander, and chili powder to my mixture. You won’t be disappointed. In fact, you will really love it. However, you don’t have to add them if you are not a big fan of cumin and so on.
I really hope you enjoy this Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Veggies recipe and try it at home. Remember, don’t be afraid to try something new in your kitchen. Many times mistakes make things even more amazing.
Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Veggies
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup mushroom — any type of your preference chopped
- ½ cup carrot chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ¾ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 organic eggs beaten
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp chili pepper powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine extra-lean ground turkey, yellow pepper, mushrooms, carrots, onion, parsley, and gluten-free breadcrumbs. Mix carefully.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the veggies and meat mixture bowl.
- Use your hands to mix everything together and roll the mixture into meatballs.
- Spray oil cooking on a baking sheet and place the meatballs on it.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are evenly brown.
- When they have finished baking, you can serve with a delicious tomato sauce and whole wheat spaghetti.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/22) — Calories: 49, Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 28mg, Sodium: 42mg, Potassium: 68mg, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 6g, Vitamin A: 650%, Vitamin C: 35.5%, Calcium: 10%, Iron: 0.7%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Taste more recipes from Primavera Kitchen!
The Kale Sneak in Meatballs recipe is great to add more notations and healthy ingredients in your meal.