This delicious Ground Turkey Pasta Soup has an awesome texture and is very flavorful. It is gluten-free and loaded with ground turkey, celery, carrots and yellow peppers.
Welcome to my soup week! Today I brought to you my second soup of the week, which is actually an update from my favorite soup recipe: Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas. The first time I made this, I didn’t have ground turkey in my fridge and for this reason, I made it with the protein I had on hand.
Today I made a few modifications to the soup. First, I didn’t add sweet potato to this version. Of course, if you want you can add them, but this time I really want to make the ground turkey as the main ingredient of this soup. And second, I changed the vegetable broth I used before. This one is great because it is organic and low in sodium. I also love the thickness of it and am very satisfied with the nutrition and flavor. I suggest you cook with a very good quality broth because it makes all the difference in soups, stews, and beans.
What I didn’t change was the pasta. I love this pasta because, although it is gluten-free, it doesn’t get mushy and soggy like so many rice pastas in the market. Of course, you should cook according to the package instructions to be al dente. It cooks like a regular pasta. I found the texture to be very good. However, I have to say it doesn’t taste exactly like wheat, but it is very close. So, I hope you give this delicious and comforting Ground Turkey Pasta Soup a try today. Have fun and enjoy cooking healthy meals today, friend 😉
Ground Turkey Pasta Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- ½ lb grass-fed extra-lean ground turkey
- ¾ cup yellow onion — diced
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper — diced
- 1 cup carrot — diced
- 1 cup celery — diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown rice pasta
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley — chopped
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add onions, celery, yellow peppers, and carrots.
- Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add broth, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the brown rice pasta. Cover and cook according to the package instructions.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/6) — Calories: 176, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 135mg, Potassium: 361mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 9g, Vitamin A: 79%, Vitamin C: 79%, Calcium: 4%, Iron: 7%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Soup Recipes!