This Kale, Peppers, Red Onions pizza is an easy dish where fresh summer veggies can totally show off. It is made with homemade whole wheat pizza dough.
Last week I shared with you my homemade whole wheat pizza dough and today I share with you my kale, peppers, red onions pizza recipe. Every time I make this pizza dough, I use half of the dough and the other half I freeze for the next time. So, this recipe comes together very quickly and easily, especially because I have the dough made ahead of time. It is perfect for busy weekdays when you don’t have much time and need to make something easy and flavorful.
Who doesn’t like to make pizza this time of the year? I just think pizza is the perfect way to bake with all those summer veggies. That’s why this pizza is full of veggies! It is a quick and easy meal where fresh summer veggies can totally show off. You also can have it on the table in 15 minutes!
Let’s talk about the recipe. I love this recipe because there are no rules about the kinds of topping you out on your pizza. You can add any kind of summer veggie you have in your fridge and voilà! You will have a delicious pizza topping. However, it’s good not to top your pizza a lot, because if you load it with lots of toppings your pizza crust may take too long to cook well.
Kale is awesome, I love it in my green juice, on salads and as a snack (kale chips are the best), but it was the first time that I added kale on my pizza. It turned out very good because it was very crispy the way I like it. But if you like fresh kale or fresh green on your pizza, sprinkle them over the pizza right when it comes out of the oven. The heat from the pizza will wilt the greens just slightly and bring out their flavor.
Craving pizza but want something low-carb? Try my Low-carb Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Crust instead! Don’t have any dough for this homemade pizza? Try my Mini Tortilla Pizzas for a quick kid-friendly recipe for the weeknight.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place 1 cup of tomato sauce over the pizza dough (more or less if you like).
- Spread the mozzarella evenly then the kale, red and yellow bell pepper and red onions.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown on bottom and cheese is melted.
- Slice pizza and serve immediately.
- Pre-shredded cheese tend to be coated in a powder to keep the cheese from clumping in the bag. For the best melty cheese for your pizza, shred your own from a block.
- Make sure to not go overboard with the toppings as it will cause the dough to cook unevenly in the oven.
- For more tender kale, you can massage it before adding it to the pizza.
- To store: You can store cooked pizza for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- To reheat: Reheat the pizza in the oven or microwave.
- To freeze: You can freeze cooked pizza for 1 to 2 months. Wrap it up tightly and place them in freezer-safe bags.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
I hope I inspired you to create a delicious Kale, Peppers, Red Onions pizza in your own kitchen today. If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
I am very grateful that you stop by Primavera Kitchen. Bring joy and healthier pizza into your plate 😉
More recipes to make a delicious pizza
Great tutorial for How to make whole wheat pizza dough! Once you try homemade pizza dough, you’ll give up to buy store-bought dough.
This healthy Eggplant Pizza Bites are flavourful, low-carb, gluten-free and very easy to make!!
Learn How to make basic tomato sauce!! This is quick, simple and easy to make. And it has bright and clean flavors.