Avoiding carbs, but craving pizza? This Low-carb Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Crust is super flavorful and gluten-free.
I’ve seen a lot of cauliflower recipes like cauliflower alfredo sauce and cauliflower rice around the web for a while, but I’ve never made any of these recipes before now. I guess I wasn’t very confident about the texture and flavor of them. I am not a huge fan of cauliflower so I didn’t think I would like any recipes using this veggie as a substitute. However, my husband and I decided to reduce the number of white carbs in our diet and for this reason, I’m trying to make these recipes.
A few weeks ago I made this cauliflower bites for lunch and we loved them. We loved them so much that I thought I should try to make this Low-carb Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Crust as well to change things up from my usual Kale, Peppers, Red Onions Pizza. And we also really enjoyed it. It is very delicious. Of course, it’s not made with flour so the taste of this pizza is different from the traditional pizzas but I promise that you won’t be disappointed. It’s very flavorful with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms. Of course, you don’t need to use the same toppings are me. Feel free to add whatever you have in your fridge. For dessert, I made this Gluten-free No Bake Peanut Butter Pie to go with it. You should try it!
To make this recipe, you will need first a food processor or a grater to create the rice-like consistency and then you have to microwave it to help release some moisture from the cauliflower. Next step is to dump all the cauliflower into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze as hard as you possibly can. This is the secret to a crispy crust. If you skip this step, your crust will be a little soggy. So, let’s jump to the recipe and make it. Enjoy!
Want to try regular pizza crust? Here’s How to Make Whole Wheat Pizza Dough! Want pizza but want a shortcut? Try my Eggplant Pizza Bites Recipe or Mini Tortilla Pizzas Recipe! They’re great ways to enjoy pizza with less work!
Watch the Cauliflower Pizza Crust Web Story.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment and lightly spray with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it's a rice-like consistency.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer to a kitchen towel and wring out. You need to squeeze out as much as you can.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and add the egg and seasonings. Using your hands combine everything and form a ball.
- Place the ball on a baking sheet and press the ball out to form a pizza shape. The crust should be no more than ½ inch (1 cm) thick. You can use a kitchen towel to help you to form a pizza shape. It will helpful to absolve more liquids if necessary.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and mushroom.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until cheese has melted.
- To save time, you can buy cauliflower rice instead of making your own in the food processor.
- You must squeeze as hard as you can to remove any moisture from the cauliflower. This ensures you get the crispiest crust possible.
- To store: Place any leftover pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the cold pizza in the oven to keep the
- To freeze: Freeze the cooked crust before adding the sauce and toppings in a freezer-safe bag once cooled.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Low-carb Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More cauliflower recipes: