Avoiding carbs, but craving pizza? This Low-carb Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Crust is super flavorful and gluten-free.
I’ve seen a lot of cauliflower recipes like cauliflower alfredo sauce and cauliflower rice around the web for a while, but I’ve never made any of these recipes before now. I guess I wasn’t very confident about the texture and flavor of them. I am not a huge fan of cauliflower so I didn’t think I would like any recipes using this veggie as a substitute. However, my husband and I decided to reduce the number of white carbs in our diet and for this reason, I’m trying to make these recipes.
A few weeks ago I made this cauliflower bites for lunch and we loved them. We loved them so much that I thought I should try to make this Low-carb Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Crust as well. And we also really enjoyed it. It is very delicious. Of course, it’s not made with flour so the taste of this pizza is different from the traditional pizzas but I promise that you won’t be disappointed. It’s very flavorful with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms. Of course, you don’t need to use the same toppings are me. Feel free to add whatever you have in your fridge.
To make this recipe, you will need first a food processor or a grater to create the rice-like consistency and then you have to microwave it to help release some moisture from the cauliflower. Next step is to dump all the cauliflower into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze as hard as you possibly can. This is the secret for a crispy crust. If you skip this step, your crust will be a little soggy. So, let’s jump to the recipe and make it. Enjoy!
Low-carb Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head cauliflower — cut off the florets
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and ground fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce — (you can make your own by liking here)
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ mushroom — slices
- 3 oz Pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment and lightly spray with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it's a rice-like consistency.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer to a kitchen towel and wring out. You need to squeeze out as much as you can.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and add the egg and seasonings. Using your hands combine everything and form a ball.
- Place the ball on a baking sheet and press the ball out to form a pizza shape. The crust should be no more than ½ inch (1 cm) thick. You can use a kitchen towel to help you to form a pizza shape. It will helpful to absolve more liquids if necessary.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and mushroom.
- Bake for 15 minutes more or until cheese has melted.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Low-carb Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More cauliflower recipes: