This easy and quick Mini Tortilla Pizzas recipe is delicious and just need 5 ingredients! You and your family will love it! Enjoy!
This week I officially started my maternity leave and I am so excited. I finally have time to do all the things I still have to do before our baby boy arrives. Living in Canada is such a gift because this awesome country gives us the right to have one-year maternity leave!! Yes, you read right! It is one year for you to be with your baby and participate in his/her development. This is such a privilege I am very grateful for, especially because I know that in many countries like Brazil (the country that I am originally from) the maternity leave is less than 4 months.
Yesterday, I did a major cleaning of my home. It took me more time than I expected. I get tired very easily since I am 35 weeks. Regardless, I was able to finally treat my home how it deserves. Today, I will organize my baby’s closet and pack my hospital bag. I want to prepare everything before 38 weeks because we never know if the baby will arrive before 40 or not. It is better to be prepared for any surprising situation, right?
So back to the recipe. Something that will surprise you is the taste of these delicious mini tortilla pizzas. We loved them because they are so yummy and easy to make! My husband ate almost everything and luckily, it only took me only 10 minutes to prepare. These mini pizzas are great because they only require 5 ingredients and also you can play with the toppings. I mean, you can add any topping you desire. You just have to get creative. The original recipe says to top it with mini pepperonis but since I didn’t have them in my fridge I used bacon instead. You can seriously add whatever you want. This is such a great recipe for a party appetizer, quick lunch, or an afternoon snack. I bet your kids will love them too.
Mini Tortilla Pizzas Recipe
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups skin shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup bacon — chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley — chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Lightly grease the 12-cup muffin tin.
- Using the cut edge of any can you have in your pantry, cut 3-4 rounds from each tortilla.
- Press each round into muffin cups.
- Add about one teaspoon of homemade tomato sauce into the center of each tortilla round.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, then the bacon pieces.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove and cool before transferring the mini pizzas from muffin tin to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Adapted from Tablespoon.
If you like these Mini Tortillas Pizzas, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.