Having the right kitchen tools to reduce your time in the kitchen while preparing your salads. These tools for making quick salads will help you during your busy days!
Since the beginning of the year I am cooking healthier that I used to and when I mean healthier I mean “eat more salads”. I love salads because they are easy to make and makes me feel so satisfied without fueling my body with lots of calories (of course if you don’t load your salad with fatty dressings, right?). But, sometimes the time we spend preparing it can be more than we expect because of all the chopping, dicing and mincing of ingredients. This time can be reduced if you have the right tools. So, I wrote this post to show you what are my favourite kitchen tools to help me save my time while I am preparing my salads. These tools for making quick salads will help you during your busy days!
1. Lemon Juicer – This is a wonderful tool that squeezes and strains the lemon juice fast and easily. You can also know how much juice you have because there is a measure amounts printed on the bottle. Also I think this is also so cute and fun!!
2. Garlic Press – To have a delicious salad of course you will need to make a good salad dressing and for me if the salad dressing doesn’t have garlic it’s not a flavorful salad dressing. So, I truly need a tool that help me to crush my garlic cloves fast and doesn’t leave the strong garlic smell on my hands. This one is perfect especially because it has a big garlic chamber (you can add two cloves inside) and also the cleaner helps me to clean out the garlic peels inside the chamber faster than other ones in the market.
3. Peeler Set – I think I don’t need to say why I love this peeler set, right? This is a hit and you know why. This set contains three different types of stainless steel blades. One is called swivel peeler and there is a built-in potato eye remover, which is great. The other one is called julienne peeler that easily creates julienne strips. The last one is called a serrated peeler, which has a sharp blade to easily peel waxy and slippery fruits and vegetables like peaches, tomatoes and plums. I have to say this set is the best to help you peel your fruits and vegetables faster than you can image.
4. Scrape Shovel – The first time I saw this I thought it was a silly tool to have. But, I changed my mind completely, when I was at my mother-in-law’s home cooking with her, she took this out of the drawer and immediately she transferred all the chopped veggies from the cutting board to a pot literally in seconds. It was unbelievable. I remember the day after I bought one of this and since then I always use it every time I chop veggies and fruit. Greatest tool ever!!
5. Salad Tongs – This is a tool that will help you a lot not only to serve your salad, but also to toss it really well. There is nothing worst that having a salad where parts of the leaves are not garnished well. I love this one because it has a very elegant design (perfect for serving) and it is stainless steel (easy to remove all the greasy from the salad dressing).
6. Hand Powered Food Chopper – The best part of this food chopper is that you don’t need power. The only thing you need is your hand. It is so easy to store since it is very small, but at the same time it does the job very well. You know the days that you are so busy that don’t have time to peel, cut and chop one single onion? This tool is perfect. You just throw everything inside the bowl, pump few times and done!! How easy is that?
7. Salad Spinner – Believe or not I used to wash my greens in a bowl and then lay them down on a paper towel and dry then manually. Oh Gosh I use to hate to make green salads just because of this process!! I am not kidding at all. I thank whoever created this product. It is such a timer saver! I also love a tool that has more than one utility. Why I am saying that? Because it’s not only for drying your leaves this spinner also has a bowl that you can use to serve your salad!!
If you like this post, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
This page contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one of these links, Primavera Kitchen would receive a small percentage of the sale price, but at no additional cost to the buyer. Thanks for your supporting.