Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
These Gluten-free Carrot Muffins are made with rice flour, rolled oats, no butter or oil and loaded with carrots, nuts, Greek yogurt and semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are also delicious with a warm cup of coffee!
Carrots in the muffins?! Hum… Delicious!!? I know during this time of the year we all want to have warm and comforting food. We kind of forget eating the cold raw veggies and leaves in the salads. I particular like to have salads all year long, but I confess that for fall and winter I prefer to eat more veggie roots than green leaves for instance. Of course, I also enjoy baking although I’m not the best, but I’ve been practicing a lot and I think I am getting there.
I’m very proud of this recipe because I’ve tried to bake with rice flour before and I wasn’t very successful. In fact it was a tragedy. No kidding… hahahah!! But I didn’t give up using rice flour when I bake because I know this flour is healthier than many other flour out there. So, I created this Gluten-Free Carrot Muffins few days ago and when I tried it I couldn’t believe that finally I found out the correct measurements to make these muffins fluffy and soft thanks to the Greek yogurt.
The best part of this recipe is that these muffins are made without any butter or oil. These gluten-free carrot muffins have lots of fiber from the old fashion rolled oats. They are also not so sweet because these gluten-free muffins have only 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup brown sugar. On top of that, these carrot muffins have great texture from the nut and the grated carrots. If I were you I wouldn’t lived one more day without these gluten-free carrot muffins since they are wonderful. I know it seems exaggerate but I’m telling you these muffins are amazing and perfect with a cup of coffee.
Watch this video below on How to Make this Gluten-free Carrot Muffins!
- 1¼ cupsrice flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk (or any other milk you prefer)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, Brazil nut, cashew, almond)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. If you are using a silicone muffin pan you don't need to prepare it with cooking spray or oil. But if it isn't the case, prepare your muffin pan by lining the cavities with paper liners or greasing them with butter, cooking spray or oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and after that add yogurt, maple syrup, brown sugar, almond milk and vanilla. Mix well and add the grated carrots.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until combined. Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling them ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove the muffins out of the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hash tag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version.
And if you like this Gluten-free Carrot Muffins recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Muffin Recipes!