Carrot Quinoa Salad – This quinoa salad is filled with shredded carrots, red onions, bell pepper and olives. It is gluten-free, vegan, healthy and very flavourful too.
Today I brought to you one of the easiest salads I’ve published on this blog, but yet very flavorful. The only work you will have is to chop the red onion, bell pepper, olives and shred the carrots. Well… You don’t even need to shred the carrots if you don’t want because you can buy a package of shredded carrot at many supermarkets, right?
Hum… Carrots are the real deal, don’t you think? I mean they are so flavorful that we can eat them raw. They also are great cooked, especially because they become even sweeter and they go really well with rice or quinoa. I particular love carrots with quinoa because the sweet taste of the carrots combines perfectly with the quinoa’s bitter flavor.
This was the first time that I made quinoa with carrots and now that I discovered this great combo I will be adding carrots in my quinoa salad much more often, because it tastes wonderful at room temperature or cold, it is easy and quick to make and it tastes even better as a leftovers. I love having quinoa salad in my fridge for those days that you don’t even have time to breath, right? When I have one of these days I tend to eat whatever I have on hand, so it is better to have something healthy in the fridge to avoid eating junk.
If you have quinoa cooked ahead of time you just need to combine all the ingredients to have your salad done. I made this awesome “How to cook fluffy quinoa” a while ago and if you are interested you can take a look. I use that recipe for everything from this Quinoa Salad with Roasted Asparagus, to Shrimp Quinoa Salad, to Sausage Quinoa Pasta!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
I also like to make my vinaigrette before I make my salads and I store it in a mason jar in the fridge. By doing this I save lots of time. This homemade salad dressing is my favorite because it is made with only four ingredients and tastes very good. So, I encourage you to make this recipe today for lunch. I am sure you will love it. Enjoy!
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except the vinaigrette and mix together.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
- Taste to adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- It should be served at room temperature or cold.
- You can quickly shred carrots with an attachment on a food processor. You can also quickly dice the vegetables in a food processor.
- Feel free to swap the black olives for green olives or leave them out if you're not a fan of olives.
- If you don't have fresh parsley, try fresh cilantro or basil.
- To store: I recommend not adding the homemade vinaigrette dressing to the salad if you plan on storing it in the fridge as it can get soggy. This salad lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge when stored separately.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Carrot Quinoa Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Try these 50 Healthy Salad Recipes! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Quinoa Recipes!