Subscribe to receive new recipes!
Taste more! Sign up and you'll be getting to your inbox brand new content weekly such as recipes, cooking tips, videos and my FREE E-COOKBOOK.
This Italian Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash recipe is the ultimate comfort food and it’s a complete meal with lots of veggies and protein. It’s also low-carb, gluten-free and paleo-friendly!
I have to confess that these two days without Pierre’s help were tough, but I believe I managed well, especially because Thomas is such an easygoing baby. I could cook, work a bit on my blog and take care of him (play, give food, bath, put to bed), but it isn’t easy and you have to be very organize and determinate to do all this. Ah…. And I can’t forget to say that you need a very good night sleep 😉 Just another thing you need in order to have a very productive day is to have a great meal that fills you with good nutrients and energy.
- 2 butternut squash*
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh Italian Sausage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccolis, cut in very small pieces
- ½ cup green stuffed olives
- ⅛ teaspoon ground chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish with parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut in half the squash lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Season the cut sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the halved squash on a baking sheet, flesh side down.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until is tender.
- Keep the oven on.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add Italian sausage and cook for about 10 minutes or until the sausage is not pink any more. Set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add onions and cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add yellow bell pepper and broccoli, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender or about 5mins. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Add olives, the cooked sausage, ground chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything to combine well.
- Divide the stuffing mixture between the baked squash halves. Arrange the butternut squash in a greasy baking dish.
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hash tag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version.
And if you like this Italian Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More recipes for you!