Today, I brought you another quick, easy, and delicious side dish for the big day tomorrow. If you seem to always make the same dishes every Thanksgiving, I suggest trying this delicious, flavorful, vegan, and gluten-free side dish. I am sure you will love this recipe because butternut squash, cranberries, and rice are great matches for turkey.
I love to roast veggies because it doesn’t require a lot of work. If you don’t have much time, you can cook your rice and roast the butternut squash in advance too. When it is time to serve, you just need to sauté the spinach. So, it is a great recipe option to avoid spending hours in the kitchen during the holidays.
Before ending this post, I would like to give you some tips to roast your veggie:
- Cut the butternut squash into roughly the same size. You want all the pieces to cook at the same time.
- Put the chopped butternut squash in a single layer to the baking sheet like I did with the Roasted Root Vegetable with Thyme recipe to avoid they become mushy.
- Toss every single piece with olive oil, but making sure the pieces are coated on all sides because if not the sides that are not coated will be very dry.
I wish you have a very happy and beautiful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
Thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have more great Pinterest Boards full of awesome recipes like Healthy Fall Recipes and Side Dishes for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Rice with Roasted Butternut Squash and Dried Cranberries
- 3 cups butternut squash — diced
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup onions — diced
- 1 garlic clove — minced
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup cranberries
- Green onions for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add squash, 2 tbsp olive oil, dry parsley, salt, and pepper until squash is evenly coated.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake until squash is roasted and tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- In the same pan, where is the spinach mixture, add the roasted squash, cooked rice, and cranberries.
- Stir everything very well and garnish with fresh green onions.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 295, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Sodium: 64mg, Potassium: 580mg, Carbohydrates: 52g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 280%, Vitamin C: 56%, Calcium: 9%, Iron: 17%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Easy photo tutorial about How to Make Fluffy Rice
This Rice with Balsamic Onions and Shrimp is a complete meal for your lunch or dinner time!
This Shrimp Fried Rice with Broccoli is a healthy and flavorful takeout!