This No Bean Whole30 Butternut Squash Chili is a perfect recipe to indulge yourself with this fall. It’s thick, rich, and hearty and also low-carb, paleo, and gluten-free.
You can see by the amount of whole30 and low-carb chili recipes I’ve posted lately that I eat bowls of chili a lot during the cold weather. Yes, I do! And, I love them because for me there’s nothing more comforting than a hot bowl of chili or soup. I mean recipes like Whole30 Pumpkin Chili or Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili that are just hot, comforting, and packed with flavours that make you smile even when the day is dark and chilly.
6 reasons why you’ll love this chili:
- This recipe is super flavourful with lots of spices, such as red pepper flakes, ground cumin, paprika, ground coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- It’s meaty and rich.
- This chili is low-carb and can have fewer carbs if you reduce the amount of butternut squash and tomatoes.
- Because there are no beans, it’s paleo and whole30, too. Although if you don’t mind beans, add 2 cups of cooked beans to this recipe. Just don’t forget to add 1 more cup of chicken broth. Otherwise, the chili will be very thick.
- This is a perfect meal to sneak in some veggies for the kids. There are lots of veggies in this recipe like onions, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, and of course, butternut squash.
- This recipe will make a decent-sized batch of chili. So, you probably will have leftovers for lunch during the week. It tastes even better the next day!
After all these reasons, I convinced you to make this No Bean Whole30 Butternut Squash Chili, right? Please try it, and top it with a bit of minced cilantro and other toppings like avocado and jalapeno.
More Butternut Squash Recipes to Make:
- Chicken Stroganoff with Butternut Squash Mash
- Roasted Butternut Squash Mash
- 20-minutes Butternut Squash Soup
- Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash
See below for how to make No Bean Whole30 Butternut Squash Chili:
No Bean Whole30 Butternut Squash Chili
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup celery - diced
- ½ cup red onions - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup red bell peppers - chopped
- 2½ cups butternut squash - diced
- 2 cups diced tomato with juice, if you are using diced tomatoes from a can
- 1 cup any tomato sauce that doesn't contain sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth - more if you don’t like thick chili
- fresh cilantro - for garnishing
- In a large Dutch Oven Pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the celery and red onions, and sauté for 3 minutes. Then, add the garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds longer.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, until it’s cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes, cumin, paprika, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix everything well.
- Add the red bell peppers, butternut squash, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth.
- Stir, bring to a boil, cover with a lid, and bring to a simmer. Cook the chili for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro on top.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this No bean Whole30 Butternut Squash Chili recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.