You’ll love this Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad for fall. It’s tossed with an easy and very delicious vegan dressing.
Roasted butternut squash is one of my favourite ways to cook and eat this fall veggie. When you toss it with olive oil, salt and pepper and leave it in the oven for 20 minutes, you have the perfect veggie to enjoy in salads like this Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad I’m sharing with you today.
Cauliflowers are also one of my favourite vegetables, especially because they are very versatile. I mean… Have you made/had cauliflower rice before? And what about cauliflower tots? Or cauliflower bites? Or cauliflower pizza crust? Or one-pan cauliflower curry? Or even mashed cauliflower? Mm.. My mouth always waters just by thinking about all these delicious recipes we can make with cauliflower.
I also think cauliflower goes really well with lots of other veggies, such as butternut squash. This combination of the cauliflower and the butternut squash makes it a perfect side for fall. And if you pair this Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad with some type of protein such as eggs, chicken or even some chickpeas (for vegetarian/vegan option) it becomes a really substantial/complete meal.
Let’s not forget to talk a little bit about the vegan dressing. I made this dressing with only 3 ingredients (I don’t consider salt and black pepper to be an ingredient). It has vegenaise, which is a vegan version of the traditional mayonnaise, some Dijan mustard and garlic. So simple, but so good!
I don’t need to say if you prefer can use the traditional mayo for this recipe. It will be good any way. And also this dressing recipe is perfect with the traditional potato salad or my cauliflower “potato” salad too.
More Butternut Squash to Try:
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup
- No Bean Whole30 Butternut Squash Chili
- 20-minutes Butternut Squash Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Mash
- Chicken Stroganoff with Butternut Squash Mash
Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad
For the salad
- 1 medium cauliflower head — cut into florets
- 1 small butternut squash — peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup red onion — chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions — chopped
- 1/2 cup vegenaise or traditional mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic — minced
- Salt and pepper
- First, steam the head of cauliflower. In a large pot add about 2 cups of water and place a steamer basket in the bottom.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot and steam until the cauliflower florets are tender 6-8 minutes. The time will depend on how tender you prefer your cauliflower florets to be.
- Remove from the heat and also remove the lid from the pot. Let the cauliflower cool down for 5 minutes.
- While the cauliflower florets are been steamed, roast the butternut squash. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat, place butternut squash and toss in olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes (It'll depend on the size of the butternut squash diced).
- Place the steamed cauliflower, the roasted butternut squash and the red onions in a bowl.
- In a small glass bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk everything together to combine.
- Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined and garnish it with green onions.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 287, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 1.6g, Sodium: 453mg, Carbohydrates: 17.3g, Fiber: 5.5g, Sugar: 5.4g, Protein: 4g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.