Greetings from Brazil. I arrived last Friday and the sky is so blue and the sunshine is very hot. I just love this tropical weather!! I had a blast meeting up all my family, especially my sister who will have her baby at the end of this month. Yesterday, in the evening when everybody was in the living room talking and laughing, I was just observing them like I was outside of the scene and I couldn’t believe I was there as well, participating with everything.
My family and I always talk to each other by Skype or Facetime and although Internet really helps us to stay close and in touch, nothing ever will replace the joy of being in person with my family. So, appreciate every single moment we have with our family because they are priceless. Family is family and no matter what you do, they will be always there for you. They will always support you and most importantly, they will always love you for what you are becoming and not for what you were 😉
Now let’s talk about this beautiful Spaghetti Squash with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil recipe. I have to be honest with you guys. Before living in Canada, I’ve didn’t know spaghetti squash even existed. No kidding. Seriously. In Brazil, I guess we don’t have this vegetable or at least I’ve never seen one anywhere I lived or visited (please, correct me Brazilians friends if I am wrong). Of course, we have pumpkins and they are so delicious but spaghetti squash is new to me.
The most interesting part for me was to make the squash become like spaghetti using a fork. I really thought it was a joke when one of my students told me that. She explained everything about this vegetable and I was really curious to give it a try. So, I tried it many times and I love it, especially because it goes well with many different types of toppings. Today, I brought to you my favorite spaghetti squash recipe, using ingredients that are very difficult to go wrong together like sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan… hum YUM!! I ended up with a very light and flavourful dish. I just loved it so much.
Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes and Basil
This spaghetti squash with sun-dried tomatoes and basil is a flavorful gluten-free and low-carb recipe for your busy weekday dinner.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cups finely chopped basil
- ½ cup julienned sundried tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Pierce the entire spaghetti squash a lot with a fork.
- Place the spaghetti squash in a baking dish and bake for an hour.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the seeds with a spoon.
- Gently scrape the sides of the squash with a fork to shred the pulp into strands and place in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, add extra olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until the shallots are soft and golden.
- Add the basil leaves and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for few minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash and toss well.
- Season with crushed red pepper, pepper, and salt to taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add the cheese just before serving.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
If you like this Spaghetti Squash with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.