Greetings from Brazil. Since I arrived last Friday the sky is so blue and the sun shines very hot. I just love this tropical weather!! I had a blast meeting all my family and especially my sister who will have her baby at the end of this month. Yesterday, in the evening when everybody was in the living room talking and laughing I was just observing them like I was out side of the scene and I couldn’t believe I was there as well, participating with everything. My family and me always talk to each other by Skype or Facetime, and although Internet really helps us to stay close and in touch, nothing ever will replace the joy of being in person with my family. So, appreciate every single moment we have with our family because they are priceless. Family is family and no matter what you do, they will be always there for you, they will always support you and most importantly they will always love you for what you are becoming and not for what you were 😉
Now let’s talk about this beautiful Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomato and Basil recipe. I have to be honest with you guys. Before living in Canada I’ve never knew that spaghetti squash even could possibly exist. No kidding. Seriously. In Brazil, I guess we don’t have this vegetable or at least I’ve never seen one anywhere I lived or visited (please, correct me Brazilians friends if I am wrong). Of course, we have pumpkins and they are so delicious I have to tell you that, but spaghetti squash is new for me. The most interesting part for me was to make the squash become like spaghetti using a fork. I really thought it was a joke when one of my students told me that. She explained everything about this vegetable and I was really curious to give it a try. So, I tried so many times and I love it especially because it goes well with many different types of toppings. Today, I brought to you my favourite spaghetti squash recipe, using ingredients that are very difficulty to go wrong together like sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and parmesan… hum YUM!! I ended up with a very light and flavourful dish. I just loved it so much.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cups finely chopped basil
- ½ cup julienned sundried tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Pierce the whole spaghetti squash many times with a fork.
- Place the spaghetti squash in a baking dish and bake for an hour.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the seeds with a spoon.
- Gently scrape the sides of the squash with a fork to shred the pulp into strands and place in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, add extra olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until the shallots are soft and golden.
- Add the basil leaves and sundried tomatoes. Sauté for few minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash and toss well.
- Season with red chili flakes, pepper and salt to taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add the cheese just before serving.
If you like this Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomato and Basil recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.