You’ll love this Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe because it’s made with super easy homemade sun dried tomato pesto and it’s ready in just 20 minutes.
This is the perfect recipe to make when you don’t have much time to prepare dinner since it only takes 20 minutes to have a delicious meal on the table, similar to my Pesto Shrimp Tomato Salad Recipe. I already had peeled and deveined tail-on shrimp, which helped to cook this meal fast. However, you may take more time to make this Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe if you need to clean and peel your shrimp. I always buy the ones that come ready to cook because it saves me more time in the kitchen.
I love this recipe because you can pair shrimp with any vegetable you have on hand. Shrimp has such a delicious seafood flavor that goes really well with lots of vegetables like green beans, zucchini, sweet potato and my favourite asparagus. But when you cook them be careful to not overcook, because they may get a rubbery texture.
The asparagus also cooks very fast. It takes about 5-7 minutes to be tender, but of course this cooking time will depend on how tender you prefer to eat your asparagus. While the asparagus are being cooked you can make your own sun-dried tomato pesto by adding all the ingredients (basil, sun dried tomato, Parmesan and garlic) in a food processor and puree for about 1 to 2 minutes. Isn’t that easy to make? However if you think it’s time-consuming to make your own, you can always buy your favorite sun-dried tomato pesto brand jar at your grocery store.
Once the asparagus and shrimp are cooked in the skillet, you just need to add 2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomato pesto to bring more flavor to this dish. As you can see you won’t use all the sun-dried tomato pesto you just made in this recipe. But don’t worry because this pesto goes really well with other dishes too like pasta, sandwiches, soups and on top of fish and roasted vegetables. Try it with this Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Cauliflower Salad or Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomato and Basil. Or if you just have extra sun-dried tomatoes, try my Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken!
More Shrimp Skillet recipe to try:
- Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet
- Shrimp Vegetable Skillet
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Recipe
- Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet
- One-Sheet Pan Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus
Love this Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe? Let’s try to make it!
For the Shrimp and Asparagus Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb. asparagus cut the spears diagonally in 1 and 2 inch pieces
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined tail-on
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto recipe below
- In a food processor add all the ingredients for the sun-dried tomato pesto and process on low for about 1 or 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Add asparagus and sauté for 5 minutes. If necessary add a little bit of water to help to cook the asparagus.
- Add shrimp and cook until they are pink. Be careful to not overcook them, otherwise they will have a rubbery texture.
- Add the sun-dried tomato pesto and mix everything well to combine.
- Love shrimp recipes? I have a list of delicious, easy, and healthy shrimp recipes here.
- Buy peeled and deveined shrimp to save time on prepping.
- Pat dry the shrimp before you add them to the skillet, so they sear instead of steam.
- Always remove the woody end of the asparagus before using them, as it's tough and unpleasant to eat.
- To store: Put leftover shrimp into an airtight glass container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Rewarm leftover shrimp in the microwave or on the air fryer.
- To freeze: Freeze cooked shrimp in a freezer-safe bag once the shrimps have reached room temperature. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.