This Leftover Shredded Roast Beef Pasta is a quick and delicious dinner, made with your leftover beef, broccoli, parmesan cheese, and favorite type of pasta.
How’s your week going so far? Hard to believe we’ve made it to the first week of September! Time is really flying. I’m really excited to share today’s new recipe with you because I feel like it’s the perfect blend of summer and fall. It’s packed with fresh broccoli and cheese. It’s tossed with extra-virgin olive oil and yet, it has a little bit of the fall flavor because of the leftover shredded roast beef. At least for me, everything roasted reminds me fall and winter season.
This shredded roast beef pasta is all about quick, easy, and healthy. Since this time of the year is super busy for almost all of us, having meals we can whip up in minutes is really good and also makes life easier.
This new recipe is for those of you that don’t know what to do with your leftover roast beef, chicken, turkey, pork, or lamb. There is nothing worse than wasting food so every time I have meat leftovers, I try to add them at the end of my recipe. Recently I made this Whole30 Pot Roast Recipe and had so much leftovers. I love to add leftover roast meat in soups, stews, pasta, and salad because it adds more flavor to the recipe from its cooking juices. Mmmmm… yummy!
This simple and quick recipe makes for a great, complete, and filling lunchbox meal, including your veggies, carbs, and protein. For the pasta, it doesn’t really matter which one you would like to us. What matters is if it is whole wheat because it will add more nutrients to your meal. This time I used farfalle pasta, commonly known as “bow-tie” pasta, but you can use your preferred type of pasta. For a side, I made this Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe in only a couple of minutes. Hope you enjoy it!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
Leftover Shredded Roast Beef Pasta
- 1 ½ cup uncooked farfalle pasta
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cooked roast beef
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp green onions for garnishing
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender.
- Add leftover roast beef and broccoli; heat through.
- Drain pasta and add to beef mixture. Stir in salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Make sure to use salted water to cook the salt in.
- Feel free to use any pasta type you have on hand.
- If you only have frozen broccoli, no need to thaw it before adding it to the skillet.
- To store: Keep the pasta in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge. However, if your leftover roast beef has already been cooked and stored for a few days, the shelf life of this pasta will be shortened.
- To reheat: You can reheat the leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- To freeze: You can freeze leftovers in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like Ground Turkey Skillet with Green Beans recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Try these 30 Healthy Soup Recipes and subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More pasta recipes
Leave a Comment